2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the Blackhawks take us thru the offseason cause the Bears look average with Cutler getting killed back there and the Bulls may never play. I guess we'll know after this weekend whether the NBA will play before January.

Let the offseason begin.

It'll be quiet til after the WS.

My guess is we'll find out soon on Alomar, but Sox can't name him or anybody else til after WS, right??

One good thing, for me the only good thing, about getting rid of Ozzie is the fact the team shouldn't be as dysfunctional like it was the past year and a half. We can look forward to Opening Day without fearing a lot of weird s***, like ...

- Leading 12-0 and almost losing the opener.

- Inability to win Central Division games even tho our division sucks.

- Inability to win at home. s***, even bad teams go .500 at home.

- Inability to have a blowout win, but have a ton of blowout losses and close-game victories.

- Inability to lay down a simple bunt.

- Inability to have one simple winning streak (did we get one all the way to 7 games this year? Or was it 5?)

The crazy dysfunctionality should end or better end.

GO SOX!

(of course we could turn into the Royals or Astros and lose, lose, lose, dysfunctionality be damned).

Edited by greg775

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here:

Beerleaguer

The 2011 White Sox in beer

Because a legitimate season review of the White Sox would be frustrating.

Beer This is a pretty simple exercise. Each player's 2011 season is represented by a beer, good or bad. Think my taste in beer sucks? Drop me a line in the comments with a suggestion, or send it to me on Twitter or Facebook.

Juan Pierre: Coors Light
I feel like I should hate it out of principle, but if you drink it fast, it's actually not so terrible. But that doesn't make me want another one.

Phil Humber: O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale
It's really good at the start, but it gets a little rough toward the end. Still, when you're done drinking it, you're really glad you did.

Gordon Beckham: Blue Moon
Every time I drink it, I have high expectations, but am always disappointed.

Paul Konerko: Goose Island Matilda
The best beer there is.

Alexei Ramirez: Three Floyds Gumballhead
A similarly great beer, although it doesn't get the national attention it deserves.

Jake Peavy: BrewDog Sink the Bismarck
It's super expensive and you're probably going to get hurt drinking it.

Alejandro De Aza: Goose Island Green Line Pale Ale
A fantastic beer you wish you saw more often, like in stores.

AJ Pierzynski: Sam Adams Boston Lager
Overrated, but hardly terrible.

Sergio Santos: Goose Island Demolition
A very good beer, but they only sell it in 650 ml bottles, so trying to drink the whole thing means you're going to be really tired and struggle to finish the end of it.

Chris Sale: Bud Select 55
Get it? Because he's skinny. (This in no way is me saying Bud Select 55 is good, in fact, I've never had it and don't ever plan to)

Brent Morel: ?
I can't think of a beer that tastes better at the room-temperature end.

Mark Buehrle: Schlafly Oktoberfest
A St. Louis-area brew that never blows me away, but is one of my favorite beers.

Adam Dunn: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
I couldn't finish the bottle when I first tried it, and it was very expensive, but the next time I had it I really liked it.

Alex Rios: Red Beer
Budweiser and V8 is just an awful combination. And it's actually kind of expensive to get all those ingredients together, too.

Dayan Viciedo: Dayan Viciedo Founder Breakfast Stout
One of the best stouts there is, only released in September. (Via @Many_Vent)

John Danks: Shiner Bock
The Texas connection is obvious. A solid beer with good results, but the amount your friends talk about it makes you think it should be better. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Ozzie Guillen: Leffe Blonde Abbey Ale
Tastes great at first, but after you've had a few of them, the novelty wears off and you can't really stand the taste of it anymore. (Via mm)

Kenny Williams: Red Stripe
Every once in a while, you'll have one and it will taste really good, but for the most part, it always comes up short and disappointing. (Via mm)

Omar Vizquel: Old Budweiser
The old Budweiser that I found in the garage and for some dumb reason decided to drink it. (Via Scotch Man)

Brent Morel: High Life
I find that it finishes better than other cheap beers. (Via Jim from South Side Sox)
High Life is cheap and effective enough. Not the best option, but not Keystone Light either. (Via Tom from South Side Asylum)

Jesse Crain: Hamm's
Minnesotan. Comes at a fair price. Better than you'd expect, but prone to moments of extreme regret for the purchase. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Jesse Crain: Stone Ruination IPA
Way over the top in intensity, but delicious & worth the pricetag. (Via @Many_Vent)

Alex Rios: Keystone Light
But it's Keystone Light you payed $50 for. (Via Eriq Jaffe)

John Danks: The Commemorative Willie Nelson can of MGD in my garage
I keep it around 'cuz it could be valuable, someday (via the great Carl Skanberg)

Brent Lillibridge: Modus Hoperandi
Relatively inexpensive. Funny looking packaging on a deceptively strong product. Not readily available and much better in moderation. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Carlos Quentin: Goose Island Night Stalker
Strong, quiet, dark like that great set of hair, after a few you too will become injury prone. (via SouthSideSwaggr)

Shane Lindsay: Foster's
Australian, available most everywhere. Actually wanted nowhere. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Lastings Milledge: Beer 30
A low-cost risk that seems like it might pay off. It never does. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Tony Pena: Steel Reserve
The thought of what you spent to get either makes you want to vomit as much as the taste does. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Hector Santiago: PBR
He was pretty awesome, but you've probably never heard of him. (Beerleaguer)
Will Ohman: Left-Hand Brewing Co. Stranger Pale Ale
Heavy, pale, left handed and from Colorado. Neither good nor bad. Merely exists. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Jeff Gray: Beer 30
Because my reaction to both was "This exists?" (Via James from White Sox Observer)

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Anyone got details?

Stone was criticizing Guillen for saying he wouldn't die poor in Chicago and said if your wife can't shop on $2M a year, get a new wife. Real innocent stuff. Overreact by Jr. shocking as that is.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here:

Beerleaguer

The 2011 White Sox in beer

Because a legitimate season review of the White Sox would be frustrating.

Beer This is a pretty simple exercise. Each player's 2011 season is represented by a beer, good or bad. Think my taste in beer sucks? Drop me a line in the comments with a suggestion, or send it to me on Twitter or Facebook.

Juan Pierre: Coors Light
I feel like I should hate it out of principle, but if you drink it fast, it's actually not so terrible. But that doesn't make me want another one.

Phil Humber: O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale
It's really good at the start, but it gets a little rough toward the end. Still, when you're done drinking it, you're really glad you did.

Gordon Beckham: Blue Moon
Every time I drink it, I have high expectations, but am always disappointed.

Paul Konerko: Goose Island Matilda
The best beer there is.

Alexei Ramirez: Three Floyds Gumballhead
A similarly great beer, although it doesn't get the national attention it deserves.

Jake Peavy: BrewDog Sink the Bismarck
It's super expensive and you're probably going to get hurt drinking it.

Alejandro De Aza: Goose Island Green Line Pale Ale
A fantastic beer you wish you saw more often, like in stores.

AJ Pierzynski: Sam Adams Boston Lager
Overrated, but hardly terrible.

Sergio Santos: Goose Island Demolition
A very good beer, but they only sell it in 650 ml bottles, so trying to drink the whole thing means you're going to be really tired and struggle to finish the end of it.

Chris Sale: Bud Select 55
Get it? Because he's skinny. (This in no way is me saying Bud Select 55 is good, in fact, I've never had it and don't ever plan to)

Brent Morel: ?
I can't think of a beer that tastes better at the room-temperature end.

Mark Buehrle: Schlafly Oktoberfest
A St. Louis-area brew that never blows me away, but is one of my favorite beers.

Adam Dunn: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
I couldn't finish the bottle when I first tried it, and it was very expensive, but the next time I had it I really liked it.

Alex Rios: Red Beer
Budweiser and V8 is just an awful combination. And it's actually kind of expensive to get all those ingredients together, too.

Dayan Viciedo: Dayan Viciedo Founder Breakfast Stout
One of the best stouts there is, only released in September. (Via @Many_Vent)

John Danks: Shiner Bock
The Texas connection is obvious. A solid beer with good results, but the amount your friends talk about it makes you think it should be better. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Ozzie Guillen: Leffe Blonde Abbey Ale
Tastes great at first, but after you've had a few of them, the novelty wears off and you can't really stand the taste of it anymore. (Via mm)

Kenny Williams: Red Stripe
Every once in a while, you'll have one and it will taste really good, but for the most part, it always comes up short and disappointing. (Via mm)

Omar Vizquel: Old Budweiser
The old Budweiser that I found in the garage and for some dumb reason decided to drink it. (Via Scotch Man)

Brent Morel: High Life
I find that it finishes better than other cheap beers. (Via Jim from South Side Sox)
High Life is cheap and effective enough. Not the best option, but not Keystone Light either. (Via Tom from South Side Asylum)

Jesse Crain: Hamm's
Minnesotan. Comes at a fair price. Better than you'd expect, but prone to moments of extreme regret for the purchase. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Jesse Crain: Stone Ruination IPA
Way over the top in intensity, but delicious & worth the pricetag. (Via @Many_Vent)

Alex Rios: Keystone Light
But it's Keystone Light you payed $50 for. (Via Eriq Jaffe)

John Danks: The Commemorative Willie Nelson can of MGD in my garage
I keep it around 'cuz it could be valuable, someday (via the great Carl Skanberg)

Brent Lillibridge: Modus Hoperandi
Relatively inexpensive. Funny looking packaging on a deceptively strong product. Not readily available and much better in moderation. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Carlos Quentin: Goose Island Night Stalker
Strong, quiet, dark like that great set of hair, after a few you too will become injury prone. (via SouthSideSwaggr)

Shane Lindsay: Foster's
Australian, available most everywhere. Actually wanted nowhere. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Lastings Milledge: Beer 30
A low-cost risk that seems like it might pay off. It never does. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Tony Pena: Steel Reserve
The thought of what you spent to get either makes you want to vomit as much as the taste does. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Hector Santiago: PBR
He was pretty awesome, but you've probably never heard of him. (Beerleaguer)
Will Ohman: Left-Hand Brewing Co. Stranger Pale Ale
Heavy, pale, left handed and from Colorado. Neither good nor bad. Merely exists. (Via U-God of South Side Sox)

Jeff Gray: Beer 30
Because my reaction to both was "This exists?" (Via James from White Sox Observer)

Wow.

What a post. Amazingly good stuff.

OzneyGuillen Ozney Guillen

1.don't talk about my mom 2. Don't suck up to @OzzieGuillen when you see him 3. Stop trying to back stab people for jobs and why don't u

9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

OzneyGuillen Ozney Guillen

Another sock add you f***ing idiot who wears make up

8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Kay.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Worst post ever. Beer snobs should be removed from earth.

I can enjoy the best of beers with beer snobs, but if Im just getting s***ty Im drinking Keystone Light all day (or whatever else comes in a 30 rack for less than $15).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
I can enjoy the best of beers with beer snobs, but if Im just getting s***ty Im drinking Keystone Light all day (or whatever else comes in a 30 rack for less than $15).

As long as you didn't pay $50 for it, hit it cleanup for a good portion of August, and pretend that you didn't have better beer sitting on the bench hitting home runs every time it gets an at bat.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
As long as you didn't pay $50 for it, hit it cleanup for a good portion of August, and pretend that you didn't have better beer sitting on the bench hitting home runs every time it gets an at bat.

:lolhitting

Ozzie Guillien JR

So sad and low steve stone going and making a comment about my mom. When talking about my dad "quitting". No one quit. Don't ever mention my mother ever again.

The Guillen's all talk an awful lot of s*** for being scrawny little p*****s.

Good for Stone. Making an innocent, yet extremely accurate, remark that can also be construed as a jab.