2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Beckham, barely hit his weight all year...

Viciedo.. Where does he play?

Morel.. He played all year, outside of Kenny needing to show Tehan off to trade.

De Aza.. See Viciedo.

Flowers.. See Viciedo

1) Ok.

2) RF

3) Fair.

4) CF

5) C

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
You know guys, if we moved CQ, Thornton, and at least one of Danks/Floyd, we might end up with close to a league-average farm system by spring training, what with Martinez/Marinez already here for filler.

This would be at least a little exciting.

It's hard to say without knowing the quality of instruction in the farm system.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Beckham, barely hit his weight all year...

Viciedo.. Where does he play?

Morel.. He played all year, outside of Kenny needing to show Tehan off to trade.

De Aza.. See Viciedo.

Flowers.. See Viciedo

You don't think that Beckham's struggles at all coincide with being on the major league team? It's crazy how good the minor leaguers looked compared to the major leaguers, isn't it?

All you wanted were kids anyways. Beckham will play, so it doesn't matter if he barely hit his weight. He's an incredible defender and still has a bit of pop, so hopefully a new hitting coach will change that. Viciedo will play RF. Morel will play 3B and he should see his role increase next year, so hopefully he keeps hitting like he did in September. De Aza will play LF. Flowers will play C and perhaps 1B too.

Escobar is on the way, but I think he is more likely to be trade bait or a utility infielder than he is to actually play a significant amount of the time. Any other minor leaguers are too far away to be relevant at this point, but there are some interesting players in the lower minors who should make significant jumps next year.

The minor league system is fine and is honestly doing better than it has at any point in the last 3-5 years (which is sad in its own right).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
You don't think that Beckham's struggles at all coincide with being on the major league team? It's crazy how good the minor leaguers looked compared to the major leaguers, isn't it?

All you wanted were kids anyways. Beckham will play, so it doesn't matter if he barely hit his weight. He's an incredible defender and still has a bit of pop, so hopefully a new hitting coach will change that. Viciedo will play RF. Morel will play 3B and he should see his role increase next year, so hopefully he keeps hitting like he did in September. De Aza will play LF. Flowers will play C and perhaps 1B too.

Escobar is on the way, but I think he is more likely to be trade bait or a utility infielder than he is to actually play a significant amount of the time. Any other minor leaguers are too far away to be relevant at this point, but there are some interesting players in the lower minors who should make significant jumps next year.

The minor league system is fine and is honestly doing better than it has at any point in the last 3-5 years (which is sad in its own right).

And I am curious to see some of the hitters with a new hitting coach and manager.

With the latest managerial change, it got me wondering, why was Gene Lamont fired so quickly in '95? The '94 team likely would have won 95-100 games had the strike not occurred, and '93 was the first time the Sox had won the division in a decade. Granted, they got off to a bad start in '95, but couldn't they have at least given Lamont to the All-Star break?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/managers...ger_stats::none

ESPNChiSox Doug Padilla

Bummed to hear CSNChi_Beatnik was let go and will no longer cover the White Sox. You will be missed.

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Kind of disappointing. Brett was one of the few quality beat guys around. His stuff was somewhat Saber inclined which is a nice change of pace.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Kind of disappointing. Brett was one of the few quality beat guys around. His stuff was somewhat Saber inclined which is a nice change of pace.

Funny how he's out of a job yet Cowley still has one.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 03:33 AM)

My personal faves...

The best of my life is not hear yet will coming iam a warrior whit a lot hard and marbles

I want to buy some pipes soon let me know where is a good pipes

what I saw on the field today was a lot of grass...