2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Have the Sox acquired a major league player this offseason?

As far as the 40-man roster, they've basically traded:

Buehrle, Vizquel, Pierre, Castro, Santos, Quentin, and Frasor for pitchers:

Donnie Veal, Jose Quintana, Deunte Heath, Charlie Leesman, Nestor Molina, Simon Castro, and Pedro Hernandez

oh and they got Ozzie Martinez and Jhan Marinez at the end of the season for Guillen.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Have the Sox acquired a major league player this offseason?

Nope.

And if it holds true, the White Sox will be the only team in MLB to not sign a major league free agent this offseason.

Edited by DirtySox

Kenny did his tired "woe is me act' yesterday when Garfien asked him his thoughts on the Tigers signing of Fielder. Kenny said (paraphrasing) must be nice to lose a guy like Martinez and to be able to go out and sign Fielder. It is what it is. Yes Kenny we understand, if you only had more money to spend . . .

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
Kenny did his tired "woe is me act' yesterday when Garfien asked him his thoughts on the Tigers signing of Fielder. Kenny said (paraphrasing) must be nice to lose a guy like Martinez and to be able to go out and sign Fielder. It is what it is. Yes Kenny we understand, if you only had more money to spend . . .

Of all of the stuff to complain about... What exactly is he supposed to say there that wouldn't have you complaining?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Of all of the stuff to complain about... What exactly is he supposed to say there that wouldn't have you complaining?

Drop standard admission prices by 25-50% during the week and see if you get more people in...

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I can't resist.

Must be nice to have money to spend???

Rios ... Dunn ... Peavy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)

Pretty much anything other than his tired "woe is me" act. If Kenny and his talent evaluators had made better decisions the Sox would be in better position to contend with the Tigers. Josh Fields and Flowers were going to be All-Stars, Daniel Hudson and Gio Gonzalez were deemed expendable.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 29, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
Pretty much anything other than his tired "woe is me" act. If Kenny and his talent evaluators had made better decisions the Sox would be in better position to contend with the Tigers. Josh Fields and Flowers were going to be All-Stars, Daniel Hudson and Gio Gonzalez were deemed expendable.

So in other words, if he had a Deloreon time machine, that's about it? I figured as much.