2011 ALDS Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
WTF is Leyland doing? Verlander should go game 2 and Porcello? Ha

Game 2 is on Sunday...that's 1 day off, he's scheduled to go against Captain Cheeseburger on Monday, which means they each get 2 days off after warming up and throwing an inning yesterday.

If you were willing to push one of them on 3 days rest...then yeah, you'd throw them on Sunday, because then they could still go game 5. If you're not willing to do that, then Monday is a little more careful

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verlander threw 25 last night, 14 strieks/11 balls.

Barring a change, it appears Rick Porcello will oppose A.J. Burnett in Game 4 of the series Tuesday, with Nova and Fister back on the mound if there's a climactic fifth game Thursday in New York. For those who are wondering why Verlander and Sabathia can't come back sooner, this is a lesson in the difference between throwing an inning or two in a postseason game and completing a routine side session in the bullpen.

"It's obviously very different," Verlander said in the Tigers' clubhouse late Friday night. "You have to take into account all the pitches you throw to get loose in the bullpen -- not to mention the level of intensity in the game. It's totally different. I don't expect to feel as good tomorrow as I would have if it was just a bullpen session."

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 07:32 AM)
This series is a mess, I want my prediction back.

This

That postponed game really screwed Detroit, I like JV over Captain Cheeseburger twice in a best of 5, then take my chances to try to take 1 of the other 3 games not started by the best pitcher in MLB.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
This

That postponed game really screwed Detroit, I like JV over Captain Cheeseburger twice in a best of 5, then take my chances to try to take 1 of the other 3 games not started by the best pitcher in MLB.

Meh. That's really no excuse. Everybody is drinking the Verlander kool-aid right now (rightfully so). But C.C. was damn near almost as good and has been the better pitcher for the last 3-5 years. The rainout f***ed both teams - equally. But it looks like the Tigers are about to even this thing up, anyway. So nobody will be able to play that card.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Posada gets an RBI triple off of Valverde, 5-2 Tigers.

Swisher led off with a homer. Bases were empty for Posada.

Meanwhile, Valverde is crapping the bed.