Trade Advice

chw42

I've been offered Desean Jackson and Maurice-Jones Drew for Calvin Johnson.

My team is lacking a #1 back and I have a boatload of #2 and #3 receivers (Colston, Maclin, Henderson, Manningham).

I had Jackson on my team last year and he annoyed the hell out of me. One week he'd put up 25 points, then he'd put up 2-3 the next. Any suggestions?

Jackson is very boom or bust, but he scored 17 this week and didn't even score a TD.. Hes risky, but I have him in every league I am in because he can get you that 20+ week (sometimes without even a TD) and that's huge for a WR..

I don't feel that MJD is a #1 fantasy back for this season, the Jaguars are lousy and they are going to be behind in a lot of games so I don't think the value you are going to get from him is going to be enough to trade arguably the best WR in the league..

I understand that Tron isn't going to score 2 TD's every game, but you would be crazy to trade him right now.. Detroit is going to throw the ball a lot whether they are losing or winning, and this season is insane for the passing game.. I would keep Calvin.. a boom or bust WR and a fringe #1 fantasy back on a very bad team just isn't equal value for a guy that has been the #2 fantasy WR overall so far..

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
I've been offered Desean Jackson and Maurice-Jones Drew for Calvin Johnson.

My team is lacking a #1 back and I have a boatload of #2 and #3 receivers (Colston, Maclin, Henderson, Manningham).

I had Jackson on my team last year and he annoyed the hell out of me. One week he'd put up 25 points, then he'd put up 2-3 the next. Any suggestions?

You've described Jackson to perfection. MJD is a solid RB, so I guess it depends on how bad your truly need a RB. Calvin is going to be setting records this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I made a trade last night that has to make my team the most unbalanced, lopsided team in the history of fantasy football. My starters for this week are now:

QB: Rodgers

WR: Fitzgerald

WR: Jennings

RB: S. Greene

RB: Lynch

W/R: B. Marshall

TE: Witten

K: Bailey

Def: Jax