Robin Ventura Named White Sox Manager

Steve9347

I'd still be pretty surprised if he's not the manager next year as well. They want him to be the manager it seems. Bruce Levine said today that from the intel he's gathered, "they're going to fire the players". Should be interesting at least.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, after reading the first 20 pages i saw that Marty34, SOXOBAMA, and WHITESOXRANDY loved the move, and SoxBadger was for it as well.

I dont see a lot of people agreeing with it, but I didnt go past 20 pages

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 07:55 AM)
I'd still be pretty surprised if he's not the manager next year as well. They want him to be the manager it seems. Bruce Levine said today that from the intel he's gathered, "they're going to fire the players". Should be interesting at least.

Also heard that this morning. Major indictment on the front office then.

I was at a recruiting event for my employer when I got a text from my brother saying they'd hired Robin. What a mystifying decision. I was so upset. It took every effort not to cuss out loud.

It's one of the most vivid White Sox memories I have in the last five years. Is that sad? I think that's sad.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
This is like something a fan would think up.

I'll reserve judgement, but I'm shocked by this.

I don't have to reserve judgement anymore.

Terrible manager. Terrible coaching staff. Terrible players.

Dormant franchise.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 07:58 AM)
well, after reading the first 20 pages i saw that Marty34, SOXOBAMA, and WHITESOXRANDY loved the move, and SoxBadger was for it as well.

I dont see a lot of people agreeing with it, but I didnt go past 20 pages

Whatever happened to Marty?

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 07:55 AM)

This is really what should happen as it is truly the players fault. However, it is very difficult to do. You're right it should be interesting.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
...the f***?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
I feel like this is Kenny setting up a 90's Sox Reunion and just not inviting Walker or Ozzie to spite them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Ray Durham should be named bench coach (take over Cora's role).

Black Jack can be the bullpen coach.

Harold first base coach.

Frank is the hitting coach.

Name Valentin the 3rd base coach.

It's a big 90's reunion with Ozzie not invited.

Ok, good. I didn't like this. I feel vindicated.

Usually, when someone digs up an old thread it makes the fans look foolish.

This thread demonstrates the prescience of the White Sox fanbase, as per one of our friends:

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
I think this is more "Throwing in the towel" than rebuilding.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
well, we certainly know the rangers are going to kick our ass now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
I'm so pissed right now. What a farce this is. What a slap in the face to those who spent money on that atrocious year last year.

I find it interesting how people decide to assign blame. When the offense was awful before it wad Walkers fault and everyone wanted him fired. I haven't seen Steversons name once. Not that I think Ventura is doing well, its just odd about how some on this board decide it's one persons fault and attack relentlessly.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
Balta really nailed this one. So did 90% of the other posters but Balta's takes were spot on. Maybe KW and Rick should poll Soxtalk on the new manager.

re Balta is the teachers pet.

:P

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
Yeah they can all go...

Cooper is probably the one I like the best but I don't mind if they all go.

We've had a remarkable run of keeping pitchers healthy and finding good ones, I don't know how much of that is luck and how much of that is truly Cooper and Herm, but I'd keep them despite any other managerial changes we might make.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Balta really nailed this one. So did 90% of the other posters but Balta's takes were spot on. Maybe KW and Rick should poll Soxtalk on the new manager.

The majority of posters were right. Funny to look back on the last few pages, though. Lots of people mocking the outrage a little too early.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
So the White Sox struggles the past 3 seasons are all on Robin. If they would have hired Dave Martinez, there probably would have been playoff appearances and capacity crowds?

White Sox struggles are first and foremost on the players and the team that put the roster together. In some cases, hands were tied and rebuilding was going on. I'd say Robin is the least of the perpetrators but he's also the easiest to get rid of. And I've consistently said, look at the roster he's been given, you are going to suck defensively no matter what. However, seeing Alexei and Eaton, who should still be avg. and above avg defenders, respectively, also stink, is a disturbing trend.