2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Molina hasn't been incredible at AA and every player in MLB is constantly defined by what they did last time out. It's the normal game thread ethos.

That's why, within a week, Zach Stewart has been an ace, a bum who should be released, and a guy who should get Floyd's spot in the starting rotation because Floyd's a bum.

Some people have been consistently saying one thing the entire year though...just because there is no consensus (and there rarely is one when you have this many commentators involved), doesn't mean there everyone's been flip-flopping.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Scott Podsednik went 2-for-3 with a homer Wednesday in his first start for the Red Sox.

Some things never make sense.

Prepping for pulled hamstring.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Scott Podsednik went 2-for-3 with a homer Wednesday in his first start for the Red Sox.

That's hilarious. Good for him. I am confused as to why the Red Sox would need a scrub like that if Theo is so good at building baseball empires.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Has there been any talk of the Curt Schilling/State of Rhode Island fiasco here?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/us/curt-...ode-island.html

A $75 million loan guarantee for an upstart video game company seems like a fantastically bad idea. But I'm sure the man's an advocate of small government.

He is. Very much so.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Wait, so Red Sox are playing Pods in CF? Wow

Pods with a HR!

Jayson Nix, Wise playing for the Yankees and Juan Pierre for somebody!

Ex Sox live forever!

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
Pods with a HR!

Jayson Nix, Wise playing for the Yankees and Juan Pierre for somebody!

Ex Sox live forever!

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors

Mets Release D.J. Carrasco http://bit.ly/KpkSbJ #mlb

LOL

QUOTE (Jake @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Some things never make sense.

Prepping for pulled hamstring.

So now what did Pods do to piss our fanbase off?

My god ... some of your mamas never gave you the speech: "If you have nothing good to say about somebody, maybe it's wise to say nothing at all."

I'm all for criticism, but the guy deserves praise just for making it back to the big leagues.

And he was a damn fine player for the White Sox.

Carrasco, 35, only pitched three and two-thirds innings for the Mets this season, giving up six hits, no walks, two home runs, and three earned runs while striking out three over the course of four games. That gives him a 7.36 ERA for 2012, higher than his already-ugly-but-serviceable career 4.50 ERA.

Egbert, 29, last saw the big leagues in 2009. He has eight seasons of Minor League experience across the White Sox' and Mets' organizations. He's pitched twenty-six innings of 2.08 ERA ball, and roughly strikes out six while walking two every nine innings.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2012/5/25/3043...ctions-mlb-2012

It's not just here, elsewhere too it seems that every ex Sox player no matter how good or bad he was deserves to be savaged. It continues with Pods, who should be appreciated more than anything for his positive contributions. I'll never diss any player on that 05 team. It took 88 years to happen and now we're already up to 6 and counting without another one. Pods changed the whole dynamic of play from the all or nothing offense of 2001-04 that got the Sox nowhere. I wish him all the best.

QUOTE (SI1020 @ May 25, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
It's not just here, elsewhere too it seems that every ex Sox player no matter how good or bad he was deserves to be savaged. It continues with Pods, who should be appreciated more than anything for his positive contributions. I'll never diss any player on that 05 team. It took 88 years to happen and now we're already up to 6 and counting without another one. Pods changed the whole dynamic of play from the all or nothing offense of 2001-04 that got the Sox nowhere. I wish him all the best.

Me too. Great, great post. There's not one negative thought that comes to mind when I think of Pods. I feel like I'd be an ingrate all the joy he gave me.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)
Danuel is the Lion's Den?

Omar Vizquel's legend lives. 3 hits versus the Rangers, first one hitting RH'ed, including what is looking like the game-winning RBI in the 13th.

I would love to see Omar stick around long enough to get to 3000 hits.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Danuel is the Lion's Den?

Omar Vizquel's legend lives. 3 hits versus the Rangers, first one hitting RH'ed, including what is looking like the game-winning RBI in the 13th.

Apparently Hamilton said no to that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
So the ESPN play of the day was probably the most awesome catch I have ever seen.

Is that legal? Player & ball ended up in HR territory. If you were to to jump the fence & then catch the ball in the stands, would that be an out or a homer?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Is that legal? Player & ball ended up in HR territory. If you were to to jump the fence & then catch the ball in the stands, would that be an out or a homer?

No idea. It was still awesome.

FWIW, I love Pods. He was fun to watch play and he was a big part of why our Sox get to wear a ring.

However, I'm not a fan of other teams pulling contributing players out of thin air when my team rarely gets that lucky :D