Big Hurt Beer Launch Party

Leonard Zelig

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
It'd be nice if one of these vanity businesses worked out for Frank. This one doesn't seem like a winner.

Chances are, unlike his music business ventures, Frank has zero to very little money invested in this. He's probably getting paid to use his name and make some appearances. I doubt if Big Hurt Beer is a bust it will at least hurt him financially. It would probably cost him money, but not that he already has.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 07:57 AM)
Chances are, unlike his music business ventures, Frank has zero to very little money invested in this. He's probably getting paid to use his name and make some appearances. I doubt if Big Hurt Beer is a bust it will at least hurt him financially. It would probably cost him money, but not that he already has.

Which would make sense, because the dude is supposed to be broke anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
I picked up 4 of these at Binny's on my lunch break. I'll have a review tomorrow, and test it during my Madden Online Franchise game tonight.

I also picked up 4 of them today. I'll let you you all know how they are once I drink one or two of them tonight.

bhb.jpg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)
They are 24 oz at 7 percent. Chugging 2 in an hour is akin to chugging 7 normal beers in an hour.

Really? So that's 4 normal cans. I guess I consider normal beer like 5-5.5% or so (either Miller/Bud, or wheat beers), so that math roughly works out.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
Really? So that's 4 normal cans. I guess I consider normal beer like 5-5.5% or so (either Miller/Bud, or wheat beers), so that math roughly works out.

Normal beer is 3.2%. That is your taps of regular or lite Miller's and Bud's. Something like Icehouse is 5.5%.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
Are we sure that the 7% in Frank's "beer" is not "7 proof"?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07...ll-frank-thomas

What goes better with baseball than beer?

Not much, according to White Sox legend Frank Thomas.

The Big Hurt's new product — a namesake lager — is expected to arrive in Chicago-area bars and liquor stores in August. And at 7 percent alcohol, Big Hurt Beer — like its bat-wielding inspiration — also promises to be a hard-hitting presence in the city.