2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Umm. So tonight Tony gets owned by Washington?

LaRussa makes THE WRONG choices in the pen late.

LaRussa calls for bunt in ninth; Punto can't get it down and whiffs.

Managing is overrated. Players win games; Rangers won this one late.

The godlike Tony got schooled by Washington. Why? Cause Texas won. I won't mention what the reax on this board woulda been if our manager called for a ninth-inning bunt and we couldn't get it down like Punto.

PLEASE CALL SOMEONE A RACIST SLUR AND GET BANNED ALREADY.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The godlike Tony got schooled by Washington. Why? Cause Texas won. I won't mention what the reax on this board woulda been if our manager called for a ninth-inning bunt and we couldn't get it down like Punto.

Oh for f***s sake.

Did LaRussa go on TV and swear repeatedly and call out Mozeliak?

No? Ok, then it doesn't matter.

I can't believe it took me so long, but you are officially on ignore. Tired, tired act.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)

There is actual reasons to question LaRussa last night. For one, he took his "Closer" (in everything but name) out when he didn't need to.

But then again...LaRussa also has his team into the WS, tied 1-1, in a clearly competitive series.

I still think St.Louis gonna win, as long as these games are low scoring and not slugfests=advantage Cards...they should be up 2-0.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
I still think St.Louis gonna win, as long as these games are low scoring and not slugfests=advantage Cards...they should be up 2-0.

Wait til they get to that ballpark in Arlington, and the Cards have to throw Lohse & EJax, instead of Garcia & Carp.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
There is actual reasons to question LaRussa last night. For one, he took his "Closer" (in everything but name) out when he didn't need to.

But then again...LaRussa also has his team into the WS, tied 1-1, in a clearly competitive series.

Exactly. Why can't anybody except Balta be willing to discuss this.

He f***ed up badly and nobody wants to talk about it cause I mention Ozz in the same context?

Why the venom?

I'm trying to make points. Everybody wants me to cite examples. I do and get nailed hard.

Watching the game with friends, you could tell Motte didn't have it.

I was impressed and amazed he took him out and said, 'If this move works, he's a genius, replacing the closer.'

It failed, they lost and one guy watching with us said: 'Now the story is LaRussa took out his closer. You can't take out the closer. It will kill his confidence the rest of the series.'

Managers often cannot win. ALL MANAGERS even ones named Ozzeroo.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)

He f***ed up badly and nobody wants to talk about it cause I mention Ozz in the same context?

Why the venom?

I'm trying to make points. Everybody wants me to cite examples. I do and get nailed hard.

I was impressed and amazed he took him out and said, 'If this move works, he's a genius, replacing the closer.'

It failed, they lost and one guy watching with us said: 'Now the story is LaRussa took out his closer. You can't take out the closer. It will kill his confidence the rest of the series.'

I swear to God if you post about Ozzie again I am going to throw this apple I'm eating at the wall. :bringit

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
AmyKNelson Amy K. Nelson

by robneyer

looks like pujols, berkman, Molina and Holliday all left without speaking to media tonight. meanwhile, motte is STILL answering ?s...

#leadership

You gotta be kidding me?

Those guys didnt' talk to the media?? In the World Series?

Most major sports make guys available in the biggest of settings. Weak.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)

Why the venom?

Because it is always about Ozzie, and everyone is insanely bored with that dead horse being kicked a few more times. I really think you and Joe Cowley are the only ones left.

Well then leave my favorite manager out of it.

Did LaRussa strip his closer of all confidence by yanking him last night?

Did he f*** up going for the bunt against a guy throwing 100. Punto couldn't lay it down and tony basically gave up that at bat. The board has few threads in the offseason and the World Series is pretty compelling when decisions fail.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)

Did LaRussa strip his closer of all confidence by yanking him last night?

Did he f*** up going for the bunt against a guy throwing 100. Punto couldn't lay it down and tony basically gave up that at bat. The board has few threads in the offseason and the World Series is pretty compelling when decisions fail.

I think bunting was the right call. it was Nick freaking Punto, he wasn't gonna hit a homer. With the bottom of the lineup coming up, it was better to have a guy at 2nd to score on a single, not needing an extra base hit from a scrub. If Pujols and Holliday were due up after, then the bunt is a waste.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)

Did LaRussa strip his closer of all confidence by yanking him last night?Did he f*** up going for the bunt against a guy throwing 100. Punto couldn't lay it down and tony basically gave up that at bat. The board has few threads in the offseason and the World Series is pretty compelling when decisions fail.

Why dont you go poll everyone in St Louis and let us know. Or send Motte an email. How are we supposed to know if LaRussa stripped his closer of all of his confidence?

the point remains, LaRussa consistently has his team in position for the playoffs. 10.5 games out, and his team came back and got into the world series.

now, name for me a manager that could not get his team to come back from the same deficit in the same amount of time in an equally up for grabs division.

btw, your consistently questioning other managers decisions and trying to relate them to Ozzie really is lame. The guy got traded for a lot of reasons, and not all of them were on the field.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Why dont you go poll everyone in St Louis and let us know. Or send Motte an email. How are we supposed to know if LaRussa stripped his closer of all of his confidence?

the point remains, LaRussa consistently has his team in position for the playoffs. 10.5 games out, and his team came back and got into the world series.

now, name for me a manager that could not get his team to come back from the same deficit in the same amount of time in an equally up for grabs division.

btw, your consistently questioning other managers decisions and trying to relate them to Ozzie really is lame. The guy got traded for a lot of reasons, and not all of them were on the field.

Thanks, fathom for the answer. Reasonable discussion.

I just think it may be hard to bunt a ball thrown that hard. Even if he bunts it, it coulda been right to the pitcher.

Kylie IMO you should know better as a mod than to start your post by blasting me like that. How does that add to discussion on a website by blasting me? Then I respond and it's a war that you started, not me. Your first paragraph is an invitation to a fight. Sad.

I am assuming u are referring to my polling my friends in KC a few times about WhiteSox matters. If not, my bad.

For what it's worth, perhaps LaRussa never would refer to him as his "closer" for that reason. That he knew there might come a time the former catcher might not have it and he might have to yank him. I am not a LaRussa hater. I think he's good baseball mind.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Thanks, fathom for the answer. Reasonable discussion.

I just think it may be hard to bunt a ball thrown that hard. Even if he bunts it, it coulda been right to the pitcher.

Kylie IMO you should know better as a mod than to start your post by blasting me like that. How does that add to discussion on a website by blasting me? Then I respond and it's a war that you started, not me. Your first paragraph is an invitation to a fight. Sad.

I am assuming u are referring to my polling my friends in KC a few times about WhiteSox matters. If not, my bad.

For what it's worth, perhaps LaRussa never would refer to him as his "closer" for that reason. That he knew there might come a time the former catcher might not have it and he might have to yank him. I am not a LaRussa hater. I think he's good baseball mind.

invitation to a fight? a war? with you? lmao greg, please. listen, i know my job as an admin here(not a mod), and it is to try and make sure that conversation goes as smoothly as possible, argument or not. if you think that all of us dont see what you are doing and trolling threads like this and constantly questioning other managers decisions in an attempt to somehow justify Ozzies numerous bad decisions, you are wrong.

its amazing thatyou can generate so many reactions to that statement and you pick mine as the fighting words. lol