2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

I thought a low scoring game was an advantage for the Cardinals and they lose Gm 2 2-1 and I thought a high scoring game in Texas would favor the Rangers and St. Louis pounds them at their house, shows you what I know, :P

St.Louis is the better team 3 games into the WS, should be looking to sweep tomorrow.

Pujols is a baseball god and I would murder Dunn and Rios if it meant we had a shot at him (ok, I really wouldn't, gotta make that clear if that OG kid still reads ST)

The Cubs better not land Pujols, I hope he stays in St. Louis.

Hopefully LaRussa gives EJax a shot and good EJax shows up.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 22, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
I thought a low scoring game was an advantage for the Cardinals and they lose Gm 2 2-1 and I thought a high scoring game in Texas would favor the Rangers and St. Louis pounds them at their house, shows you what I know, :P

St.Louis is the better team 3 games into the WS, should be looking to sweep tomorrow.

Pujols is a baseball god and I would murder Dunn and Rios if it meant we had a shot at him (ok, I really wouldn't, gotta make that clear if that OG kid still reads ST)

The Cubs better not land Pujols, I hope he stays in St. Louis.

Hopefully LaRussa gives EJax a shot and good EJax shows up.

Did you miss the 9th inning the other day?

As good as Ogando was in the AL Championship series, he has been that bad in the World Series. He gave up the go ahead runs in the first two games and got Pujol-ed last night. And every time, he missed his spots badly, Fox has been showing his mistakes. If he cannot get his s*** together, the Rangers may end up with another also ran on their resume, because Ogando was the shut down bridge to Feliz

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)
Did you miss the 9th inning the other day?

I reread my post and it seems to imply that I thought the series was 3-0 but yeah, I watched Gm 2 where the St. Louis bullpen lost the game.

I meant to write that if it weren't for that blown save, the Cards would be looking to wrap it up tonite, I believe the Cards have had the lead or been tied with Texas in every inning except of course for that top of the 9th of Gm 2.It's been a competitive Series but St. Louis has had the upper hand so far.

I said Cards in 6 at the beginning of the WS and I'll stick with that.

Go Cards!!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Pujols should have blown off the media again last night. Just to be consistent. Also, he did it last time and then he had a great game. lol.

To me, St. Louis is the better team. Especially with Hamilton not at 100%. LaRussa also is a better manager than Washington.

Guess we already know who won the three-way trade between the White Sox, BJs, and the Cards. But I am starting to think that Toronto got the worst end of the trade....Mark Teahen..haha! And everybody was saying that AA won that trade. haha!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
As good as Ogando was in the AL Championship series, he has been that bad in the World Series. He gave up the go ahead runs in the first two games and got Pujol-ed last night. And every time, he missed his spots badly, Fox has been showing his mistakes. If he cannot get his s*** together, the Rangers may end up with another also ran on their resume, because Ogando was the shut down bridge to Feliz

In my view as good as the Yankees were in the first half of this game, thats how as bad they've been now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
I've said this a few times this year, but even if they're a few years away from competing, I really don't want to see Pujols or Prince sign with the Cubs.

Personally...especially now that they're spending $10 mil a year on their front office, I really hope they land one of them and let that guy ruin his career while getting $25 mil.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Pujols should have blown off the media again last night. Just to be consistent. Also, he did it last time and then he had a great game. lol.

To me, St. Louis is the better team. Especially with Hamilton not at 100%. LaRussa also is a better manager than Washington.

Guess we already know who won the three-way trade between the White Sox, BJs, and the Cards. But I am starting to think that Toronto got the worst end of the trade....Mark Teahen..haha! And everybody was saying that AA won that trade. haha!

Joe Buck, who does some play-by-play for the Cardinals during the season, made some pretty damning remarks about Colby during the game the other day...just mentioning how much better off the Cardinals are without Colby's bs in the Clubhouse anymore. For Buck to mention it during the WS game, it must have been pretty ugly in there at times.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Joe Buck, who does some play-by-play for the Cardinals during the season, made some pretty damning remarks about Colby during the game the other day...just mentioning how much better off the Cardinals are without Colby's bs in the Clubhouse anymore. For Buck to mention it during the WS game, it must have been pretty ugly in there at times.

Buck quit doing regular season Cardinal games 3 years ago

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Cards getting rid of Colby: HUGH +

White Sox getting rid of Teahen's contract : +

BJs getting Colby and Teahen's contract : - - .....suckers.haha! Some revenge for '93!

Grant? Jackman? ;)

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
Cards getting rid of Colby: HUGH +

White Sox getting rid of Teahen's contract : +

BJs getting Colby and Teahen's contract : - - .....suckers.haha! Some revenge for '93!

What about their revenge for Mike Sirotka?

Guess that was David Wells' 2001 season, fighting with Frank and the complete suckage fest that was that year...the Thomas injury and 14-29 killed them, although they did fight back to .500 at least.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
I'm watching the game on ESPN Deportes and Ozzie Guillen is doing color comentary and he said Dave Duncan is the best pitching coach in MLB, nice shot at Coop, lol

Honestly most people probably agree that Duncan is the best. Cooper is still pretty good too. Did they ask him the second best pitching coach? lol

And so the Rangers are hard to beat in back to back games. Then, Cards in 7. lol! Holland is saving the Rangers bullpen and season.

Edited by sunofgold

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/rang...t-thornton.html

11:19am: The Rangers are pursuing White Sox reliever Matt Thornton, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, and the Sox want starter Derek Holland in return. He adds that the Rangers would only move Holland for Thornton if the White Sox expanded the deal to include a starter such as John Danks. That'd make for an interesting story, with Sox GM Kenny Williams having stolen Danks from the Rangers in '06 for Brandon McCarthy.

Damnit.