2011 World Series Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
These pitchers are being taken out with like only 80 or so pitches and no one really getting rocked.... it's the weirdest thing I've seen

When you know what Pinella would say..."I have to save my starter because he is going to start {unscheduled...might not exist] Game 5!" Wilson was probably taken out one batter too soon.

LaRussa loves his pen! That is why Carpenter is out. And also Craig is a better hitter than Carp. Playing under National League rules now. lol!

Edited by sunofgold

Rhodes is getting a ring no matter what. Now having the ex-Ranger pitch to Hamilton. That was brilliant.

aRussa has used 4 pitchers so far to get 6 outs. He will use his whole bullpen every game. He doesn't care. His motley crue of a bullpen made up mainly of castoffs from other teams.

Heck, he burn through them..maybe they all are free agents next year. And LaRussa doesn't have a contract next year yet...just burn your bullpen.. the focus is 2011. lol!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Tony LaRussa made all the right moves last night, Washington didn't.

Low scoring games, huge aadvantage for St. Louis because it comes down to manager moves, LaRussa all day over Washington.

Umm. So tonight Tony gets owned by Washington?

LaRussa makes THE WRONG choices in the pen late.

LaRussa calls for bunt in ninth; Punto can't get it down and whiffs.

Managing is overrated. Players win games; Rangers won this one late.

The godlike Tony got schooled by Washington. Why? Cause Texas won. I won't mention what the reax on this board woulda been if our manager called for a ninth-inning bunt and we couldn't get it down like Punto.

Edited by greg775