SN Report: Sox 'Interested' in Lieber

Molto

Why? From all indications, Lieber won't be ready to pitch until August and whether he will be able to pitch consistently by that time is still in question. The White Sox need a starter that will be ready to go on Opening Day..... not a starter who's impact will be limited and possibly too late.

I think they are looking to possibly get a steal for 2004.

I like Lieber a ton, and this is a good move if we get him cheaply. It could pay high dividends. The key is, that if he fails, which their is a good chance of, that the Sox don't lose a ton. The other key is that this isn't their solution to the rotation, and I know many don't like KW, but I can't possibly see him signing Lieber and then calling it quits.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lieber????? omg......:puke why in the hell would kw even consider it... geez us.....well goes to show ya didnt i say in another thread take the worst guy out there and thats who he will get for us.... great sign a guy who wont even be pitching for us for most of the season and pay him to sit his ass on the bench untill and if the day ever comes he can use his arm again.... so f***ing typical of a kw move...........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

lieber????? omg......:puke why in the hell would kw even consider it... geez us.....well goes to show ya didnt i say in another thread take the worst guy out there and thats who he will get for us.... great sign a guy who wont even be pitching for us for most of the season and pay him to sit his ass on the bench untill and if the day ever comes he can use his arm again.... so f***ing typical of a kw move...........

Leiber is not a fireballer. he knows how to pitch and he could easily recover from this

He's worth the wait if he's cheap.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well considering he made what was it like 5.8 mil or something like that over the last year...and the flubbs offered him like 500,000 this time around take it or leave it..i would have to say f*** this idea... we need to win now ... i dont have time to sit around and wait on a "maybe he will heal" type of deal here.... we need someone who can step in now and help out..........this is such a typical kw stupid thinking way of dealing with s*** on this team....wtf why dont we just wait around for a few more years and then the guys in the minors will be ready to come up we can save the money we would spend on leiber and pay them on the interest it makes.........lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

well acording to his surgeon he cant even think about it till around august.... i aint in the mood to wait that long... we could very well be out of things by then..... none of this flubby theres always next year crap... im tired of it.........i want it this year......

Like I say, if we sign him, just expect him their in 2 years. I like the move cause it means you could get a guy thats an ace at a measly 3.5 mill a year, and thats if he pans out.

Otherwise he gets 500k and a buyout. To me its well worth the wait. The Sox just can't hope and plan on him to pan out this year, so they need other pickups.

Guest hotsoxchick1

The Sox just can't hope and plan on him to pan out this year, so they need other pickups.

exactly my point...why put it off go get those pickups now and keep them around for a little while.. get healthy ones now.... not this wait and see s***.... why waste the time and money and efforts of what if when we can have a can do now.......i dont want lieber here wasting our time and bench space.......hell if we have the money to spend we may as well spend it wisely the first time around.......

well acording to his surgeon he cant even think about it till around august.... i aint in the mood to wait that long... we could very well be out of things by then..... none of this flubby theres always next year crap... im tired of it.........i want it this year......

There's no chance this team will win teh ws this year and this organization survives by "future plans" . This one could work though. Look at the rotaion i posted.

Guest hotsoxchick1

lets see that rotation... buehrle is arbritration eligable next year and i will say this.. if the sox dont offer him something decient now believe me he will bolt the first chance he gets.....honel by next year????...hes still got to get through a few of the minor steps first......wright??? iffy ......and leiber just the same.... what if he cant pitch anymore cause he doesnt recover good??? then what we are stuck paying him for sitting around on his ass....im not saying we will get to the ws this year... but it would be nice to finish first in the division and i dont see why we cant.....kc and detroit are in the dumper and taking the tribe with them.... the only thing we have to get around is the twins....and we cant do it with one reliable starter and a bunch of guys who are as inconsistant as all hell....... i want a decient vet starter and i want one now....

If Michelle is being optimistic about the Sox winning the division then their is definately a possibility :D

Every year I say the Sox can win the division, or at least the past 3. The reason I say it, is because we can.

The players are going to have to continue developing, but this offense is good, and the pen is really good, while the staff is marginal, but has the ability to be real good, and it will be good if the Sox bring in a pitcher or two.

Guest hotsoxchick1

theres no reason we shouldnt be able to win... we have a powerful line up and a somewhat ok pen... and hell with the dismantling of the tribe and of course kc and detroit havent made any blockbuster moves.. that only leaves the twinkies in our way.... i havent been keeping up with them but i know they did have quite a few fa's this time around.... so it all depends on who they keep and who they get rid of........we know we can beat them we have done it before with injured and coming off injury players..... so if everyone stays healthy enough we should be able to give them a run for their money... and if we could aquire a decient starting pitcher who we dont have to wait around on to heal up, then i dont see why we cant take the division.........

Personally, I think their is no reason the wild card winner shouldn't come from the central. The Twins and Sox should beat up on the other crappy teams, and if they can take care of other bad teams like Texas, Toronto, Baltimore, and Tampa, they should easily have a better record then the other teams, mainly the ones in the AL West.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wouldnt count baltimore in that crap pile just yet... rumor has it they plan to make quite a few deals in the winter meetings... or at least try to.....talk about moving out ponson....we soon shall see... but your right there is no reason we shouldnt be able to beat the crappy teams and at least take a wild card if for some strange reason the twins beat us for the division........

lets see that rotation... buehrle is arbritration eligable next year and i will say this.. if the sox dont offer him something decient now believe me he will bolt the first chance he gets.....honel by next year????...hes still got to get through a few of the minor steps first......wright???  iffy ......and leiber just the same.... what if he cant pitch anymore cause he doesnt recover good??? then what we are stuck paying him for sitting around on his ass....im not saying we will get to the ws this year... but it would be nice to finish first in the division and i dont see why we cant.....kc and detroit are in the dumper and taking the tribe with them.... the only thing we have to get around is the twins....and we cant do it with one reliable starter and a bunch of guys who are as inconsistant as all hell....... i want a decient vet starter and i want one now....

Yeah..... just like she said :D

theres no reason we shouldnt be able to win... we have a powerful line up and a somewhat ok pen... and hell with the dismantling of the tribe and of course kc and detroit havent made any blockbuster moves.. that only leaves the twinkies in our way.... i havent been keeping up with them but i know they did have quite a few fa's this time around.... so it all depends on who they keep and who they get rid of........we know we can beat them we have done it before with injured and coming off injury players..... so if everyone stays healthy enough we should be able to give them a run for their money... and if we could aquire a decient starting pitcher who we dont have to wait around on to heal up, then i dont see why we cant take the division.........

HSC....Minny having quite a few FA's? How about Bob Wells and Mike Jackson? :D

I wouldn't mind picking up Mike Jackson though...he's Antonio Osuna with a lighter wallet and a faker arm....with more of a brain and a willingness to just dish out his knowledge....which would be great for our young arms coming up. And then when he retires, making him our bullpen coach.