2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Wasn't Bowden just considered an elite prospect? Or am I 3yrs behind?

You're 3 years behind.

He was one of the prospects talked about back in the Jermaine Dye to the Red Sox rumors of 2009...

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Wasn't Bowden just considered an elite prospect? Or am I 3yrs behind?

The guy went to my high school. I remember when he started against the Sox in 08. He lucked out and got the win.

Then I got s*** from my government teacher since he was the varsity baseball coach when Bowden played (he knew I was a Sox fan, he's a Cubs fan).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
LaHair looks pretty damn good for the Cubs. Theo will likely trade him to an AL team at the deadline. Also never thought Samardjiza would be as good of a starter as he's looked this year.

Sample size.

Morning radio abuzz this morning about how Garza and Samardjiza are the building blocks of the future.

The team is at least another full season away from anything and at which time Garza and Sam will become expensive and age risks.

The team has no power at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
LaHair looks pretty damn good for the Cubs. Theo will likely trade him to an AL team at the deadline. Also never thought Samardjiza would be as good of a starter as he's looked this year.

LaHair with #7

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Carlos Marmol is terrible now

Reason #3,472 why the blown save stat is stupid. Marmol starts the 9th with a 3-0 lead, leaves up 3-2, bases juiced & none out. Dolis gets a GIDP and a K, but he gets the blown save cause they tying run scored when he was in.

Speaking of NOT trading someone when they had immense value, meet Carlos Marmol.

The articles in the papers have been suggesting they want to keep LaHair in the OF somewhere (part of the Byrd trade) and use Rizzo at 1B.

That would give them an outfield of Soriano/Jackson/LaHair. Well...we'll see if he's more Chris Shelton/Kevin Maas/Shane Spencer/Garrett Jones or a real long-term solution at 1B (LaHair).

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 26, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
Here's a fun fact Michael Bowden was on my little league team in North Aurora.

And my team lost to yours in the playoffs. :angry:

Edited by kjshoe04