All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
The entire goal of these friendlies are to evaluate for the qualifying teams. And I think we got a slight taste of some good things to come. Hopefully our defense tightens up.

Absolutely. The friendlies are more for the performances than the results. If you play well, the results come.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Arsenal out of the Champs League despite a good rally. EPL is looking quite overrated in Europe this year.

I dont know if the EPL is overrated this year in Europe because its not really that strong within itself this year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
I dont know if the EPL is overrated this year in Europe because its not really that strong within itself this year.

It's been talked about as the first global league and referred to as the consensus top league in the world. Granted, I think most people who say these things admit if it is best it's not by anywhere near the same margin as say the NBA. However, I don't think the EPL's big 4/5 is really any better than Italy's top 4 or the top German clubs, etc. It might be the deepest league (certainly the bottom half in Spain is garbage), but the EPL is being outperformed by the Russian League in this year's Champions League...

• 1 month later...

Dempsey to Arsenal rumors are starting to heat up.

Would be a good fit for him, but it'd be a shame for him to leave Fulham, think they've both made the other party a lot better as a result of their time together.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 12, 2012 -> 06:50 AM)
Dempsey to Arsenal rumors are starting to heat up.

Would be a good fit for him, but it'd be a shame for him to leave Fulham, think they've both made the other party a lot better as a result of their time together.

Yeah and I really don't want to root for Arsenal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (danman31 @ May 13, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Man City scores twice in stoppage time to win the title despite a poor showing. Some of the most dramatic stuff in sporting history.

That stoppage time was absolutely crazy. Once City got the equalizer, it really felt like they'd get the winner. QPR looked fairly comfortable until City tied it, then they seemed to panic.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 13, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Man City scores twice in stoppage time to win the title despite a poor showing. Some of the most dramatic stuff in sporting history.

That was incredible, especially since it was the two teams from the same town battling for the title, & City had been United's b**** forever. I am a fan of the regular season winner take all, without a playoff structure.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Word coming out that Timmy Chandler may not be seen in a USMNT uniform again. That would be a big blow

Klinsmann needs to get Johnson/Williams/Boyd/Diskerud/Bunbury/etc WCQ caps as soon as he can to tie them to the US

Sucks but I cant really be upset at him too much. Young kid who is German and wants to keep his options open. He just needs tor realize Germany might not have any intentions of calling him up and he might see his international career pass by. Only get so many opportunities to play in a World Cup...