All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
USA in some pretty serious trouble to qualify for the next round now.

They will be heavily favored to win both home games and the vacation at St. Vincent so they should be fine. But this leaves them zero room for error.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
They will be heavily favored to win both home games and the vacation at St. Vincent so they should be fine. But this leaves them zero room for error.

Yeah, they'll be fine. They actually started last cycle the same way. Beat Antigua at home, tied at Guatemala and lost at Jamaica in first 3 qualifying games.

Still worth noting how awful the team looked.

Guatemala still has road games at TT and the US. Even if they somehow get a point at TT, they will most likely end up at 10 points. We will be sitting at 10 points going into the final match vs TT.

But still Jurgen needs to go. This program has regressed since he's taken over. It's too bad the USSF is run but a bunch of wimps.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
They're still fine with a draw, but it's absurd it's gotten to the point where this is even a talking point.

We've so easily forgotten that this happened four years ago too. The loss at Jamaica, needing a last minute goal to win at Antigua. It all worked out, and they never lose at home, but this shouldn't keep happening.

I don't know if anyone watched the USA U-23s lose to Colombia but that was some downright cowardly officiating. I've never seen a team flop and go down and embellish injuries at any level more than Colombia did tonight and they were consistently rewarded for it in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
I don't know if anyone watched the USA U-23s lose to Colombia but that was some downright cowardly officiating. I've never seen a team flop and go down and embellish injuries at any level more than Colombia did tonight and they were consistently rewarded for it in the 2nd half.

Agreed. Colombia was so much better than the US regardless though. Disappointing. Not sure how they managed a draw away, but I read they were very much outplayed there too.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)

I'm not arguing with how Colombia played, but the U.S. got away with two clear stamps that were worthy of red cards. Ref missed both.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Can't wait for this Tottenham-Liverpool match at 1130.

That was a great game. Usually a tie at Anfield is good, but they lost more ground. Typical Leicester City game today, it felt like Southampton was always attacking, yet Leicester wins 1-0. It's gonna happen, crazy.