All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
It's the race to 81 points in the Prem now. Most points Spurs can get is 80, but they have a far larger goal differential than Leicester.

If Leicester win 4 of the next 6, they win the league.

It's not really much of a race. It's more of a Leicester have to struggle down the stretch to blow this. It can totally happen, but I wouldn't call a 7-point lead with 6 games to go a race. The only reason people are talking about it like it still is is because Leicester is the team that's in 1st.

Besides, Tottenham still has home games against Man U and Southampton, solid teams, and an away trip to Chelsea. It's not like they're going to win out.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:42 PM)
It's not really much of a race. It's more of a Leicester have to struggle down the stretch to blow this. It can totally happen, but I wouldn't call a 7-point lead with 6 games to go a race. The only reason people are talking about it like it still is is because Leicester is the team that's in 1st.

Besides, Tottenham still has home games against Man U and Southampton, solid teams, and an away trip to Chelsea. It's not like they're going to win out.

Oh yeah I get that. I was just stating what Leicester had to do to control their own destiny.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
So the refereeing in that Leicester game, wow, what a s*** show. Of course in the end Leicester still managed to get a point out of it

That was a pretty interesting display. I actually completely agreed with the Vardy diving yellow. I actually wish more referees would do that. Maybe it could help curtail the diving. The West Ham penalty was suspect. I'm guessing he called it since he had a talking to with both Huth and Morgan minutes earlier. Then he completely missed the penalty on Huth only to follow it up with awarding basically another dive by Schlupp with a penalty. I guess a draw was a fair result but that was not a great display by Moss.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
Wow, Leicester now one win (or Tottenham loss) from the title.

They are actually gonna do it, so crazy. Kids have me up early weekend mornings anyway, so I've been watching a lot recently, it's been an entertaining ride. The Leicester fans this past Sunday seemed to be having the time of their lives, must have been an incredible atmosphere.

I didn't get a chance to watch the West Brom-Spurs game. What happened? I saw Spurs went ahead on a own goal and kind of expected them to roll WBA.

I might actually wake up at 8 to watch the Leicester game on Sunday.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
I didn't get a chance to watch the West Brom-Spurs game. What happened? I saw Spurs went ahead on a own goal and kind of expected them to roll WBA.

I might actually wake up at 8 to watch the Leicester game on Sunday.

Tottenham hit the post 4 times. WBA scored on a corner against the run of play around the 70th. Tottenham looked stunned and never really had another chance the rest of the game.

Leicester City win it! Easily the best PL season since City winning it on the last day in 2012, maybe the most interesting PL season ever.

Spurs really lost it at the end of the game.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 2, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
That was one hell of a goal!

He looked like 2014 Hazard. Impeccable dribbling and ball control. That shot was also a beauty. Lloris had no shot to stop it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 3, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
Anyone else really hate the away goal rule? I think it is remarkably stupid and wish it was done away with.

I wish they'd just keep playing until someone gets more goals than the other team...

Or if you don't want it decided on pens, just play the 30 minutes of ET. If it's still tied, then away goals decides it.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 3, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
I wish they'd just keep playing until someone gets more goals than the other team...

Or if you don't want it decided on pens, just play the 30 minutes of ET. If it's still tied, then away goals decides it.

I agree and while I hate deciding things on penalties it still makes a hell of a lot more sense than giving one goal more value than other goals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 3, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
I agree and while I hate deciding things on penalties it still makes a hell of a lot more sense than giving one goal more value than other goals.

That rule is probably for when away games used to mean more. Now it's more or less the same thing. All the fields are nice and all the facilities are similar for teams in the Champions League. Only difference is fans screaming at you.