All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
This ref is just hilarious.

Diaz's second foul wasn't a yellow and Rojo's foul definitely wasn't a red. Yellow at best.

Totally changed how the game would be played.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
Diaz's second foul wasn't a yellow and Rojo's foul definitely wasn't a red. Yellow at best.

Totally changed how the game would be played.

I still think Diaz's was a yellow. Typical didn't play the ball, played the body to stop play type foul. Those are always yellows. The ref was too much a part of the game. 10v10 in extra time has to be exhausting and it showed with sluggish play by the end of the match.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
So apparently Argentina's entire team is retiring from international soccer.

Their FA is in shambles right now. This is more of players protesting than anything. It'll be interesting to see what kind of team they can put together for 2018. That being said, I really don't want Messi to quit international soccer.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
Looks like Tottenham has finally struck a deal with F Vincent Janssen

Just throwing it out there: Jozy Altidore scored four fewer league goals with AZ (same team Janssen is coming from) his final season before going to Sunderland.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Just throwing it out there: Jozy Altidore scored four fewer league goals with AZ (same team Janssen is coming from) his final season before going to Sunderland.

He'll be a back up though and didn't come that expensive, so it is what it is.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)

Not unfair. But I still believe Jozy would have looked a lot more capable, at least in a backup capacity, had he been on a more competent team. Those Sunderland teams were abysmal. Janssen is going to be getting service from Eriksen, Lamela, Dier, Alli and has two fullbacks who can competently cross the ball into the box. I think he'll be fine.

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

No USWNT love? Amazing run for these girls. 4th star

Nice work ladies! I’ll be curious to see if they are invited to the White House and if they actually go. If they don’t, it’ll be a huge statement for a national team not to go. And yes, I went there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

No USWNT love? Amazing run for these girls. 4th star

I was looking for the soccer thread and couldn't find it. This team is so awesome to watch. They are like the 90s Bulls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I was looking for the soccer thread and couldn't find it. This team is so awesome to watch. They are like the 90s Bulls.

It really is. Not enough people realize how hard winning a World Cup is. 3 straight is insane.

43 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

It really is. Not enough people realize how hard winning a World Cup is. 3 straight is insane.

Three straight would be incredible...but this is 2 straight. They had a great run. I didn’t make a new thread cause I didn’t want to jinx it. 

Now hopefully men win gold cup tonight. They have played well too. 

• 2 months later...