Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Or it was the money, and nothing else.

lol yeah ok i forgot we live in a magical world of black and white where there can only be ONE reason and ONE reason alone for making any given decision. Thanks for the reminder.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
lol yeah ok i forgot we live in a magical world of black and white where there can only be ONE reason and ONE reason alone for making any given decision. Thanks for the reminder.

You made a funny.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)

If you follow professional sports at all, there usually is ONE reason & ONE reason only why players make decisions during free agency. Mark signing with the Marlins proves that point once again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
If you follow professional sports at all, there usually is ONE reason & ONE reason only why players make decisions during free agency. Mark signing with the Marlins proves that point once again.

So what? The man gave us reasonable contracts before, and doesn't want to play on a rebuilding team. Another team is throwing money at him. That doesn't make him immoral to take the best deal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)

@cst_Cowley: Guillen said Buehrle's family crying his last gm in Chicago, and he told them, 'Don't worry, we'll be back together again.''

I hate Cowley, but yeah obviously Guillen had nothing to do with any of this. Furthest thing from Mark's mind I'll bet.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
@cst_Cowley: Guillen said Buehrle's family crying his last gm in Chicago, and he told them, 'Don't worry, we'll be back together again.''

I hate Cowley, but yeah obviously Guillen had nothing to do with any of this. Furthest thing from Mark's mind I'll bet.

Awesome, so Ozzie admits to tampering basically.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)

It's not possible that it was entirely about the money? And I'm the one in the fantasy world?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)

Wow, a Cowley quote. And that's supposed to shut people up. Terrible and funny.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
So what? The man gave us reasonable contracts before, and doesn't want to play on a rebuilding team. Another team is throwing money at him. That doesn't make him immoral to take the best deal.

It's not immoral, and most people would do the same thing. I don't blame him whatsoever. It's just hypocritical of most of his previous comments during his times with the White Sox. Just disappointed personally, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
It's not possible that it was entirely about the money? And I'm the one in the fantasy world?

yeah obviously they offered him a s*** ton of money, and if the marlins are the ones who offered him the most, then great. but EVEN SO, you can't completely discount Ozzie's influence. You know he went to the ownership and said he wanted Buerhle. You know he called Mark and said the same thing. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes so stop claiming to know it was all about the money. I'M just saying that there may be information we aren't privy to. Is that so unbelievable?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
yeah obviously they offered him a s*** ton of money, and if the marlins are the ones who offered him the most, then great. but EVEN SO, you can't completely discount Ozzie's influence. You know he went to the ownership and said he wanted Buerhle. You know he called Mark and said the same thing. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes so stop claiming to know it was all about the money. I'M just saying that there may be information we aren't privy to. Is that so unbelievable?

Considering they went after Wilson just as hard, you have no idea either if it was Ozzie that told the Marlins to specifically go after Buehrle.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)

Oh, so point to me where I said it was definitely only about money. I put a theory out there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Considering they went after Wilson just as hard, you have no idea either if it was Ozzie that told the Marlins to specifically go after Buehrle.

lol I know that. That's what I'm saying. WE don't know anything other than the facts of the deal.