Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate this less if I wasn't sure that it was all premeditated before Ozzie quit on the team. The fact that Buehrle accepted this offer knowing that it's a huge "f- you" to the Sox community is disgusting. I couldn't bring myself to hate him. But now that I know he's trash, all bets are off. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Buehrle jersey. He and Ozzie need to return their rings and stay off the south side. Forget the traitors, go Sox!!!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)
fixed

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
When you are rebuilding.. You Suck.

When you are in a big city like Chicago you shouldn't have to rebuild. You re-tool thru free agency and the draft.

The White Sox have signed the WRONG GUYS and KW keeps his job. Great.

Hope the 10,000 fans in the stands enjoy watching Rios and Dunn every day and Peavy every fifth day until he gets hurt.

Have fun with Oz, Mark. Baseball is meant to be fun and once again reading the last issue of ESPN The Magazine, Ozzie is certainly fun.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
When you are in a big city like Chicago you shouldn't have to rebuild. You re-tool thru free agency and the draft.

The White Sox have signed the WRONG GUYS and KW keeps his job. Great.

Hope the 10,000 fans in the stands enjoy watching Rios and Dunn every day and Peavy every fifth day until he gets hurt.

Have fun with Oz, Mark. Baseball is meant to be fun and once again reading the last issue of ESPN The Magazine, Ozzie is certainly fun.

I'm confused, do you want the Sox to win or have fun?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
No, as Jim isn't a member of the board. There are no consequences for talking badly about a guy like him. I'm an active member, and personal attacks between active members are not allowed.

Doesnt change the fact it was a douchebag thing to say. Not surprising though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
No, as Jim isn't a member of the board. There are no consequences for talking badly about a guy like him. I'm an active member, and personal attacks between active members are not allowed.

Nice, hide behind that cape, I am sure you can look jim up if your interested. No need to ask me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
I'll be honest, I'm incredibly proud of Jerry and KW for not matching this offer.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
You are so clearly an Ozzie fan and an incidental White Sox follower. Please, just go away. I'm really honest with this. They bring you no joy and you sully everything you touch here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
This comment immediately takes away all credibility from anything else in your post.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
I agree with the sentiment you are expressing. This has been a very frustrating season and isn't done yet as far as disappointments. Apparently theSox feel Buerhle can't offer them a quality season or four anymore. Or Jerry is broke. If he is broke then he should save money by canning KW. I don't see the Sox addressing the real issues or problems with this team. All you hear and have now seen is dump salary. With MB and Juan Pierre gone and Vizquel and Castro and also Santos we have cut around $20M plus and keep high paid non-performers. It will take awhile to accept the direction the team is headed and hopefully by ST we can get positive again

1.) Why? Letting the best pitcher in White Sox history (arguably) go?

2.) What I'm trying to say is it's now easy for Jerry to go cheap again. Team is not going to win anything and he'll gladly strip the payroll to shreds IMO.

3.) Thank u el rockin. Guys like milkman act like nobody agrees with me. Listen to the talk shows. You don't think fans are going to express outrage? Just because I have a different opinion of you doesn't mean my opinion is not shared by others, Milk.

I CANT BELIEVE many of you think this had nothing to do with Mark loving playing for Oz at all.

Yes, he ONLY picked Florida because of the offer. Sure.

Edited by greg775

Are you guys kidding me??? Fighting and insulting one and another cause of a stupid baseball player? Really??? Some of you need to chiill out and get a life, mark is no longer with the sox, so face it the world ain't gonna end, there will be other favorites sooner than later, you tip you're cap to mark he was always classy in his 12 solid seasons, but he's gone and no insult is gonna make that change. GROW UP

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)

2.) What I'm trying to say is it's now easy for Jerry to go cheap again. Team is not going to win anything and he'll gladly strip the payroll to shreds IMO.

3.) Thank u el rockin. Guys like milkman act like nobody agrees with me. Listen to the talk shows. You don't think fans are going to express outrage? Just because I have a different opinion of you doesn't mean my opinion is not shared by others, Milk.

I CANT BELIEVE many of you think this had nothing to do with Mark loving playing for Oz at all.

the people who call in to talk shows honestly don't know a thing about baseball 90% of the time

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

You're the same person. I would hope that you'd agree with yourself.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)

3.) Thank u el rockin. Guys like milkman act like nobody agrees to me. Listen to the talk shows. You don't think fans are going to express outrage? Just because I have a different opinion of you doesn't mean my opinion is not shared by others, Milk.

When was the last time Jerry Reinsdorf "went cheap"?

please, please, please answer this question.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
Are you guys kidding me??? Fighting and insulting one and another cause of a stupid baseball player? Really??? Some of you need to chiill out and get a life, mark is no longer with the sox, so face it the world ain't gonna end, there will be other favorites sooner than later, you tip you're cap to mark he was always classy in his 12 solid seasons, but he's gone and no insult is gonna make that change. GROW UP

To be clear, I accept the guy left. But to insult the guys morals because all he has ever done is mention how much he loves it here and wants to stay here is uncalled for and wrong. All the guy wanted to do was retire a member of this club and his quotes support that unless you twist them to mean something else. Its maddening that the Sox had a shot at keeping him for less than he just got on the market and we just didnt even try.