Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
I still think we should all breathe a sigh of relief he didn't go to the Cubs. That would have made things a million times worse.

He would never have gone there.

Watch the Hawkeroo go to Miami to do their play by play now :)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
LOVE that f***ing guy. So sorry to see him leave. That's life. Glad we have so much invested in the likes of Rios and Dunn to even enter into the conversation of re-signing the leader on the staff.

Now I have another reason to root for the Marlins.

Agree with this except rooting for the Marlins. I will root for Mark, but that's as far as it goes.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
As long as they have Ozzie, they are impossible to root for. Of all teams. Well, I guess it's not the Twins.

they are easier to root for with ozzie as their manager because I can laugh at his post-game conferences and not have to deal with his in-game tactics

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Agree with this except rooting for the Marlins. I will root for Mark, but that's as far as it goes.

I don't really hate Ozzie. Long time player and a good one, a manager who brought us a WS. Glad he's gone but still a fan of the guy. I'll miss Buehrle a helluva lot more, though. Kind of the end to an era.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Looking forward to greg and elrockins/sunofgold's reactions. Those should be doozies.

Oh god. Especially after this Ozzie quote: "that means we're showing people they want to play for us, for me." It's all about playing for you Ozzie, nothing to do with the money at all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Oh god. Especially after this Ozzie quote: "that means we're showing people they want to play for us, for me." It's all about playing for you Ozzie, nothing to do with the money at all.

not to mention the great weather and hot cuban ladies grocery shopping in bikinis.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)

Glad to see Ozzie still has his ego in check.