Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

I will extend my appreciation to Josh PR. He is right. MB is gone let's move on. I know the mods are monitoring the conversation, but I think we are really kind of out of control and certain posters are attacking others personally. Enough with the insults. We are all Sox fans here and obvously we see things differently. That's fair, but let's not attack each other. This is not the first thread where this has occurred. If needed I will file my complaint with the moderators. I am sure we have some sitting back and giggling about the dissension and reaction they are getting, but this is really out of hand and just flat improper. Please let's stop and get back to supporting the team

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Greg, about 20 minutes ago, Dan Bernstein commented on his radio show here in Chicago (a show that usually has the most critical listeners) that he was shocked at how little the Sox fans cared about Buehrle leaving.

The only real outrage I've seen or heard so far today has been from 2 posters on this board.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
Greg, about 20 minutes ago, Dan Bernstein commented on his radio show here in Chicago (a show that usually has the most critical listeners) that he was shocked at how little the Sox fans cared about Buehrle leaving.

He must not be a member of soxtalk I guess :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)

Thats because we are a rudderless ship slowly drifting out to sea.

I'm now officially an ex-season ticketholder. I don't like rebuilding, and the rebuilder is a clown. As for Buerhle being a hypocrite, I don't think that's right. Being a free agent and talking to other teams, he was exposed to things he wasn't exposed to before. Opinions can change, and $58 million is $58 million to do something you love doing.

IMO KW is rebuilding to give himself more time. They won't fire him if the team sucks for a while. Its imperative he hits a home run in at least a couple of these deals, but I have zero confidence. He's a bulls***er. Even his talk about "interviewing" Robin while he was playing for a manager job was sickening. If he truly did that, how come JR was one of the last to know? I hope he doesn't sit in his chair too much longer. Having him re-build is very dangerous.

Just woke up. Had a text message.

f*** Buehrle and f*** the Marlins.

"I want to retire a Cardinal or a White Sock and play close to home."

My ass.

I love him, but man...screw you Mark.

I won't ever believe another player again when they "aren't in it for the money."

Except Paul Konerko. That man means it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
"I want to retire a Cardinal or a White Sock and play close to home."

Which one of those teams made him an offer?

It pretty easy: NONE

The White Sox had every chance to extend the guy even before he hit the market. They didnt think it was a priority apparently.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)

The White Sox had every chance to extend the guy even before he hit the market. They didnt think it was a priority apparently.

Then he should never have said it. Over and over. And over. And over. And over.

Look, I pretty much hate the team now, despise Ozzie, and I'm not rooting for Mark as long as he is a Miami Marlin. The Nats, the Rangers, the Red Sox, etc. all the teams but Cubs, Twins, and Marlins I could have still rooted for him. Let me be a vindictive, scorned girlfriend.

I hope he enjoys the circus down there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)

The offers Chicago/St. Louis could afford were nothing compared to what Miami offered.

KW's back to his broke quotes. To sign Buehrle he apparently would have to go to the ATM 58 million times. STFU KW, if you don't have any money the reason for that is looking right at you everytime you look into the mirror. He has screwed up royally.

I was starting to figure Buerhle was gone, and it bothered me a bit, but now its really pissing me off.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Then he should never have said it. Over and over. And over. And over. And over.

What exactly did he say? Go back and read the articles. All the guy said over and over was how much he wanted to be here. The thought of hitting free agency worried him enough that he thought about hanging it up before leaving this area and this team. Then free agency hit and other teams showed him love and appreciation. The White Sox organization didnt feel the same this time around unfortunately.

I am of the opinion also that KW is the person who either pulls the rabbit out of the hat this winter with some real smoking deals or he pays for his failure by losing his job. What do they always say about managers? They are hired to be fired. I gues it's the same with GM's. I have mentioned before that I think we failed to have a long term plan and that's on KW

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
The offers Chicago/St. Louis could afford were nothing compared to what Miami offered.

But what did they offer? Nothing. We will never know what it could have taken to keep him here. They could have offered something months ago and kept the guy, but they didnt. The White Sox did NOTHING to keep Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
What exactly did he say? Go back and read the articles. All the guy said over and over was how much he wanted to be here. The thought of hitting free agency worried him enough that he thought about hanging it up before leaving this area and this team. Then free agency hit and other teams showed him love and appreciation. The White Sox organization didnt feel the same this time around unfortunately.

That's not true. The White Sox can't afford him because they f***ed up on so many other contracts. Hey Mark, we appreciate you, here's 3 yrs, $30 million. Do you think he accepts that? No way.

QUOTE (ChiSox @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
So when do the Buehrle jerseys start going on sale?

I still need to get one, he's in my top 3 of Sox players I've had the pleasure of seeing play in person, and today doesn't change that at all.

Me too

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
That's not true. The White Sox can't afford him because they f***ed up on so many other contracts. Hey Mark, we appreciate you, here's 3 yrs, $30 million. Do you think he accepts that? No way.

So why didnt they at least offer him something. Or how about keeping in touch with him during the process. Sorry, this isnt the case of the player leaving when he could have stayed. The White Sox didnt even try.

Just like above, this is ALOT like Thome or Ventura except in both of those cases at least an offer was made (although piss poor).

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Join the Club!!! The ticket rep didnt sound surprised whatsoever.

me too rock, but I started when we signed ventura, that told me we would rebuild. No other reason to sign a guy who never managed anywhere. You know I am actually relieved, having these tickets and Blackhawk tickets were draining. That said, I am very curious to see what we get for these guys. Sox will always have room to jump back in.

QUOTE (quickman @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
me too rock, but I started when we signed ventura, that told me we would rebuild. No other reason to sign a guy who never managed anywhere. You know I am actually relieved, having these tickets and Blackhawk tickets were draining. That said, I am very curious to see what we get for these guys. Sox will always have room to jump back in.

It was sad when I finally closed the book on many years of great memories at the park, but looking at the direction this club is heading I would rather spend my time on the golf course.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
KW's back to his broke quotes. To sign Buehrle he apparently would have to go to the ATM 58 million times. STFU KW, if you don't have any money the reason for that is looking right at you everytime you look into the mirror. He has screwed up royally.

I was starting to figure Buerhle was gone, and it bothered me a bit, but now its really pissing me off.

Good thing he wasted money on Frasor to try and justify a terrible trade.