2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Fun video made by the Dash...

They could've picked any song...my heart aches for the youth of America.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
Not sure exactly where this belongs. Story about the Dodgers' drafting philosophy, specifically on Kemp, and how they've ended up with 3 African-American home-grown players in Kemp, Loney and Dee Gordon.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...lb&c_id=mlb

I just heard yesterday that Dee Gordon is son of former Sox reliever Tom Flash Gordon.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:45 AM)
I just heard yesterday that Dee Gordon is son of every team's former reliever Tom Flash Gordon.

Corrected fo accuracy. How are some guys journeymen despite being pretty darn effective throughout long careers? Arthur Rhodes and Dotel also come to mind.

The White Sox bought the contract of OF Jon Gaston from Fargo-Moorhead. Former Astros farmhand, big year in the California League in 2009, only 25, typical power hitter with lots of K's and a mediocre average. Likely going to B'ham, Jon Gilmore was put on the DL today.

And, Cyle Hankerd's contract was purchased from Amarillo. He's going to Kanny. Although, I think he might be coming to B'ham as well. He's 27 and he has 3 years of experience at AA, in the Southern League no less. I think that means he wouldn't be eligible to play in Low-A. The Barons are carrying 3 catchers at the moment, Dubler or Sierra could be DL'd to make room for Hankerd.

Edited by JPN366