2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
The guy is buried on the depth chart. Think about where he is in terms of starting pitching for the Sox.

You've got the Chicago starters Peavy, Danks, Sale, Humber, and Floyd. Quintana has put himself in the conversation. Axelrod has already made time up here, and is on the 40 man roster. You'd have to imagine Stewart is ahead of Doyle simply from his call up last year, and being on the 25 man roster now. Simon Castro might even be ahead Doyle as he is on the 40 man roster, same with Molina and Hernandez (assuming his injury isn't big).

That puts Doyle somewhere between 9th and 12th in the starters. Plus it isn't just the Sox. All of MLB has had shots at the kid, and no one seems to want him.

I still don't see any word on the move to Japan, can someone link me??...I'd say right now he's behind Q who was handed a start and ran with it. He's pitched better than everyone else in the minors you've listed.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
Barons shuffled up their rotation after the offday. Net result appears to be a full week of extra rest for Castro.

Yesterday: Bayne

Today: Molina

Friday: Kloess

Saturday: TBD

Sunday: Castro.

Andre Rienzo was promoted to Birmingham. I guess he was eligible to be reinstated. Might get to see him pitch, Balta. He could use the innings and the White Sox probably want to test him at AA due to the steroid issue.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Andre Rienzo was promoted to Birmingham. I guess he was eligible to be reinstated. Might get to see him pitch, Balta. He could use the innings and the White Sox probably want to test him at AA due to the steroid issue.

I had forgotten about him. Interesting that they moved him up, instead of someone who has been pitching well, and not suspended.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)

Does that mean he might get the Saturday TBD start? Don't know him beyond the name, worth going to the game to see him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Does that mean he might get the Saturday TBD start? Don't know him beyond the name, worth going to the game to see him?

Keep an eye on it. Wickswat may still take a turn, but another start for Kloess could be doubtful.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
I had forgotten about him. Interesting that they moved him up, instead of someone who has been pitching well, and not suspended.

In fairness Rienzo was pitching really well before the suspension. People were thinking about when his promotion would come and then we realized he was suspended.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
In fairness Rienzo was pitching really well before the suspension. People were thinking about when his promotion would come and then we realized he was suspended.

I get he was pitching well, I am just surprised they would reward a guy coming off of a steroid suspension. It doesn't exactly send a good message to the rest of the minors.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
Barons shuffled up their rotation after the offday. Net result appears to be a full week of extra rest for Castro.

Yesterday: Bayne

Today: Molina

Friday: Kloess

Saturday: TBD

Sunday: Castro.

Good info - thanks! I think I'm going on Sunday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
I get he was pitching well, I am just surprised they would reward a guy coming off of a steroid suspension. It doesn't exactly send a good message to the rest of the minors.

I am pretty sure the suspension was for marijuana, not steroids.

EDIT: Nevermind. I must be confusing him w/ someone else.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
I am pretty sure the suspension was for marijuana, not steroids.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/4/27/2...ienzo-suspended

According to Matt Eddy at Baseball America, Major League Baseball has suspended Chicago White Sox pitching prospect Andre Rienzo for 50 games, after he tested positive for performance-enhancing drug use.

Regarding Doyle... I have no problems with the Sox releasing him. Probably on the fringe of whether he would make/stick on a major league roster. If so, how long do you hang around in AAA? Doyle is a very bright guy. Likely saw the handwriting on the wall. Plus he'll make alot more money in Japan than he would in the minors. So... probably the best thing for him. Best of luck Terry!

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 04:16 AM)
Regarding Doyle... I have no problems with the Sox releasing him. Probably on the fringe of whether he would make/stick on a major league roster. If so, how long do you hang around in AAA? Doyle is a very bright guy. Likely saw the handwriting on the wall. Plus he'll make alot more money in Japan than he would in the minors. So... probably the best thing for him. Best of luck Terry!

Did they release him from his contract or did they sell his contract to the Japanese team?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)

It depends on the situation. Obviously the Sox feel OK with where he stands. If they thought what he did was so objectionable he would have been released.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Wait... are they really converting Brandon Kloess into a starter? Since that one game they pitched Kloess-Rem-Kussmaul-Bellamy, I just figured it was a bullpen day. Are we saying that Kloess is actually a starter now?

I doubt it. Likely because Hernandez was on the D.L. But maybe someone else knows more.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
Direct from him, Dan Remenowsky is headed for Charlotte.

Along with Santos Rodriguez. Jim Gallagher demoted to B'ham and Zach Stewart to Charlotte (Report TBD).