2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D.J. Jarrad and Andrew Douglas from GF to Kanny. That leaves the Kanny roster at 26 so someone else is out of there. I would guess it's a pitcher to go to W-S unless one of their hitters got released.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
D.J. Jarrad and Andrew Douglas from GF to Kanny. That leaves the Kanny roster at 26 so someone else is out of there. I would guess it's a pitcher to go to W-S unless one of their hitters got released.

Douglas is a backup OF, Jarrad is a SS/2B. Jarrad takes Herbek's place, I'd assume. The current OF's on Kanny's roster are Haddow, Pugh, Rice and Walker. But Walker is on the DL, so, makes sense they are bringing up another body for the outfield, and only Walker and Haddow are anything other than filler. Wilson has been playing out there, but he's really an infielder.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
Douglas is a backup OF, Jarrad is a SS/2B. Jarrad takes Herbek's place, I'd assume. The current OF's on Kanny's roster are Haddow, Pugh, Rice and Walker. But Walker is on the DL, so, makes sense they are bringing up another body for the outfield, and only Walker and Haddow are anything other than filler. Wilson has been playing out there, but he's really an infielder.

Wilson has played outfield exclusively since Walker hit the DL.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
Wilson has played outfield exclusively since Walker hit the DL.

But historically, he's an infielder, which I think is what I said. That's why I'm saying it makes sense to promote someone who is truly an OF.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)
When is Chris Beck finally going to get to pitch?

Yeah, where the hell is he and why hasnt he started yet?

He seems like he'd be on the fast track if the Sox can fix his issues from his Junior year

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
Yeah, where the hell is he and why hasnt he started yet?

He seems like he'd be on the fast track if the Sox can fix his issues from his Junior year

He pitched 103.2 innings already during his college season. Only 6 guys in the Majors have pitched more than that right now. They're taking it easy with him for a little while I'd guess.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
He pitched 103.2 innings already during his college season. Only 6 guys in the Majors have pitched more than that right now. They're taking it easy with him for a little while I'd guess.

And they already said they wanted to have him lose muscle to get him mechanics back to where they were the year before. Maybe they are waiting for that reason as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:08 AM)
And they already said they wanted to have him lose muscle to get him mechanics back to where they were the year before. Maybe they are waiting for that reason as well.

Yep, I'd rather they get him into shape and work with the coaching staff instead of putting him on the mound right now.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
Not White Sox related but I really love tracking Billy Hamilton of the Reds organization

92-111 in steals through just 72 games...

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t...&pid=571740

Kid's only in A ball but I wonder if he'd be someone the Reds call up in September solely to use as a PR?

http://dashboard.mlblogs.com/2012/06/29/da...er-to-double-a/

Dash send another to Double-A

The White Sox announced two roster moves Friday morning that affect the Dash, which has been a trend lately. Winston-Salem has made plenty of moves, like this set or this one or all of these. Winston-Salem sends Jon Bachanov to Double-A Birmingham and receives Bryan Blough. Both men are relievers, although Bachanov recently returned to the bullpen after a stretch in the starting rotation.

Jon Bachanov compiled a 6-2 record in 18 appearances for the Dash (Jody Stewart/W-S Dash).

Jon Bachanov advances to the Double-A level for the first time in his career. Bachanov has persevered through an elbow injury that caused him to miss all of the 2008 season. He was drafted by the Angels in the supplemental round of the 2007 draft but did not make his first professional appearance until 2009. The White Sox signed him before last season, and Bachanov split his time between the starting rotation and bullpen for Kannapolis.

This year, Bachanov was one of the Dash’s most reliable pitchers. He began in the bullpen and made eight appearances in relief. The right-hander’s first start occurred May 10 when he pitched three innings in game two of a doubleheader against Frederick.

Bachanov’s magnum opus occurred five days later. Making the start in another back-half of a twin ball, Bachanov fired six scoreless innings, striking out a season-high nine batters. After nine starts he was placed back in the bullpen and made one final relief appearance, picking up the win after striking out three batters in two innings of work.

Bryan Blough arrives in Winston-Salem after making one appearance with the Dash last year. On August 31, Blough pitched an inning and a third against Salem, allowing five hits and two runs. Extended time in Winston-Salem should allow Blough to ease more comfortably into High-A baseball.

Blough was drafted in the 18th round of the 2011 draft out of Kennesaw State University. He also spent two years at Middle Georgia College, where he led the team in strikeouts his sophomore season.

During the first half of 2012 the right-hander made 26 appearances out of the bullpen for Kannapolis. He struck out 30 batters in 37 and one-third innings while converting six of 11 save opportunities.

That's too bad, because...

All four hits Castro surrendered were singles, and none of the four came in the same inning. In fact, over his seven innings on the mound, no Red Sox batter reached as far as second base. Pawtucket had multiple runners reach base only in the first inning, but that sequence included Jason Repko being hit by a pitch, Jose Iglesias grounding into a double play and a single by Lars Anderson.

Couldn't find any additional info on Twitter/Google on Castro's injury. We'll probably hear more today.