2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
An Ex-Sox pick that a lot of people were upset we didn't sign.

Kevin Goldstein ‏@Kevin_Goldstein

The Philadelphia Phillies have released LHP Bryan Morgado, a 4th-round pick in 2010.

I saw this too. Wonder if KW will have renewed interest. Has he been really bad?

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
I saw this too. Wonder if KW will have renewed interest. Has he been really bad?

Not THAT bad. Highish walk totals is the worst of it. I'm guessing something else must have been going on here.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...P=Bryan-Morgado

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
An Ex-Sox pick that a lot of people were upset we didn't sign.

Kevin Goldstein ‏@Kevin_Goldstein

The Philadelphia Phillies have released LHP Bryan Morgado, a 4th-round pick in 2010.

Former Vol. I was definitely one of the people who was really disappointed we didn't sign him. Guess it ultimately didn't matter too much.

I found this story after updating my AAP on Jeff Soptic. If this was already discussed, apologies.

Found something rather interesting on Keenyn Walker's injury.

From the Charlotte Observer's Sister Site:

A speedy outfielder who has been deemed the White Sox’s sixth-best minor league prospect by Baseball America, Walker batted .257 between Kannapolis and rookie-level Great Falls(Mont.) in 2011.

He overcame his slow start this season to put together a 10-game string in May and June in which he batted .333 and stole 10 bases in 11 attempts. Then a chance meeting with a Hagerstown Suns first baseman June 8 led to a partially torn meniscus and a bone bruise in his right leg.

“It was a freak accident,” Walker said. “I wasn’t expecting it at all. I felt good and healthy, and that happened and put me out a couple weeks. As soon as I planted on the base, me and the first baseman hit shoulder to shoulder. My leg was already planted, and my body rotated.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/0...l#storylink=cpy

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
Well, Charlotte's roster seems to be overflowing right now. But why wouldn't they just release someone else like Baisley?

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Morel assigned to B'ham. The Barons have an open roster spot and only have 5 infielders. So, he'd be a good fit. Not sure why him and McPherson got squeezed out of Charlotte for Manzella and Baisley.

Dylan Axelrod activated from the DL and Daniel Moskos placed on the temporary inactive list. Good to hear about Short, glad he can get in some games before the end of the season. His rehab and recovery must have been well ahead of schedule.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Sox OF prospect Brandon Short, out since March due to torn labrum in left shoulder, activated and transferred to Class-A Winston-Salem

Wow, I thought they had said he was out for the year.