2012 Minor League Catch All thread

southsider2k5

Gregory Infante off the Charlotte DL and moved down to B'ham, Matt Wickswat demoted to W-S, Jon Bachanov promoted to B'ham and (cue cheers and applause) KW Jr. to the DL. I guess they wanted to lock in that .250 average.

Edited by JPN366

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have no life, I broused thru the Houston Astro minor league stats to see how the three pitchers we gave them for Brett Myers are doing.... All three are struggling so far, with Heidenreich probably doing the best of the three.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
Since I have no life, I broused thru the Houston Astro minor league stats to see how the three pitchers we gave them for Brett Myers are doing.... All three are struggling so far, with Heidenreich probably doing the best of the three.

For how bad a system we have, it is amazing that KW was able to get Liriano/Youk/Myers for none of the guys in the top 20, maybe top 30. Simply amazing.

After one appearance for B'ham, Gregory Infante's back on the DL. Brent Morel was activated from the Charlotte DL, Tyler Saladino was demoted back to B'ham, but that move may have been rescinded. Nick Ciolli and Ross Wilson were activated from the W-S DL and Jeremy Dowdy was placed on DL.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
After one appearance for B'ham, Gregory Infante's back on the DL. Brent Morel was activated from the Charlotte DL, Tyler Saladino was demoted back to B'ham, but that move may have been rescinded. Nick Ciolli and Ross Wilson were activated from the W-S DL and Jeremy Dowdy was placed on DL.

What is Infante's injury?

And what makes you think the Saladino demotion might have been rescinded?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
What is Infante's injury?

And what makes you think the Saladino demotion might have been rescinded?

Not sure.

Just a guess. Thus why I said "may have been..." It was announced early this morning before all of the other moves. He's still on the roster while the other moves have processed. With Santiago going up, they could've decided to leave him in Charlotte since a roster spot opened back up.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 06:54 AM)
Baseball America on their Daily Prospect Reports have been showing stats the last 2 weeks on a player in the White Sox DSL League-Antonio Rodriguez-OF. Anyone have information? I find it interesting their following him.

He's played 6 games, going 5 for 16 with 1 double. 17 yrs old.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:59 PM)
DeMichele is a little (and I mean little -- 5'11'') XBH machine. He's a bit of a sleeper...

That's around the average height of a 2B in MLB. Jose Altuve is little 5'5". Phillips, Uggla, Kendrick, Pedroria, B. Roberts, Weeks are all 5-11 or smaller. Kinsler and Cano are 6-0. The only giant at 2B is Neil Walker at 6'3".

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:44 AM)
That's around the average height of a 2B in MLB. Jose Altuve is little 5'5". Phillips, Uggla, Kendrick, Pedroria, B. Roberts, Weeks are all 5-11 or smaller. Kinsler and Cano are 6-0. The only giant at 2B is Neil Walker at 6'3".

Rockettes have LeMahieu at 2B. Former Scrub. Well over 6 feet. Good player.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:56 AM)
Seems like the youngest guy we have playing organized ball in our system.

We still have those four kids signed in DR who have yet to show up on a roster. Believe they are all 16-17.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:59 PM)
DeMichele is a little (and I mean little -- 5'11'') XBH machine. He's a bit of a sleeper...

High draft choice, not sure the term sleeper applies. He was considered pretty polished and mature. But definitely nice to see him doing well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
Is it normal for those kids to go straight to a pro team at 16?

Gonzo in the Trib just talked about this in a recent article. For those 16-17 year olds, even after they have signed, they have to go through hoops for MLB to verify age, eligibility, citizenship/visa, medical and drugs. Takes time. Then they go to a mini-camp of some sort. Then, finally, they get to organized ball. We may not see them this year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
High draft choice, not sure the term sleeper applies. He was considered pretty polished and mature. But definitely nice to see him doing well.

Gonzo in the Trib just talked about this in a recent article. For those 16-17 year olds, even after they have signed, they have to go through hoops for MLB to verify age, eligibility, citizenship/visa, medical and drugs. Takes time. Then they go to a mini-camp of some sort. Then, finally, they get to organized ball. We may not see them this year.

Thanks for clearing that up. With the repeated freaking out, I was wondering if there was actually something to worry about.