Sox rolling dice in Rule 5

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
My next door neighbor is a solid guy but I wouldn't want him eating up a White Sox roster spot.

I was trying to tippy-toe around talking about his actual play on the field (more to the point: at the plate) which I believe sucks. I don't really care about a guys character if he can’t play ball, but Danks was just a surprisingly cool guy. I wish him the best wherever he lands.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
I was trying to tippy-toe around talking about his actual play on the field (more to the point: at the plate) which I believe sucks. I don't really care about a guys character if he can’t play ball, but Danks was just a surprisingly cool guy. I wish him the best wherever he lands.

Its nice that he's a good guy. It definitely beats the alternative. Too bad it appears he will have to make his living doing something other than playing baseball.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Its nice that he's a good guy. It definitely beats the alternative. Too bad it appears he will have to make his living doing something other than playing baseball.

Didn't he sign for something like 2 million?

If he is smart, he won't have to work a day in his life. :)

Edit: His signing bonus was 500k.

John was 2M

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

Ditto, great character. I'm sure it runs in the family.