Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
To Play for a team that isn't going to contend?

What is it about this team that shouts bottom of the AL Central? Every team in our division is incredibly flawed. Couple that with not moving your family, having no trade rights and retiring after this last contact. Yes.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
What is it about this team that shouts bottom of the AL Central? Every team in our division is incredibly flawed. Couple that with not moving your family, having no trade rights and retiring after this last contact. Yes.

What is it about the team that shouts first in the AL Central? The Tigers aren't going anywhere and will remain incredibly strong. Couple that with the Wild Card routinely going to the AL East, and all the sudden 2nd - 5th in the AL Central don't really matter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
What is it about the team that shouts first in the AL Central? The Tigers aren't going anywhere and will remain incredibly strong. Couple that with the Wild Card routinely going to the AL East, and all the sudden 2nd - 5th in the AL Central don't really matter.

I think the Royals will add a pitcher and finally jump the Sox this year. That team is set everywhere but a pitcher or two in the rotation. Not sold on Cleveland personally, but I can see the Twins and Sox at the bottom next year very easily.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)

I dont think the Tigers are "incredibly strong" at all. And I think the Sox have enough as it stands right now to compete in the division. It is the CONSENSUS on this board that this was an underachieving team last season correct? Well, what if under a new voice in the clubhouse that they actually played up to their ability?

Here is what the Tigers trotted out this year, and obviously some of them are gone like Maggs:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/lineup/_/name/det/detroit-tigers

Edited by RockRaines

So I saw on mlbtraderumors.com that the Nationals are "fixated" on leaving the Winter Meetings with a new center fielder, per Pete Kerzel of MASNSports.com. What are the chances they would take Rios if we ate a large portion of his contract? What other needs do they have that we might be able to include in a package with Rios to lower the amount of his salary we would have to eat? Any thoughts?

So I saw on mlbtraderumors.com that the Nationals are "fixated" on leaving the Winter Meetings with a new center fielder, per Pete Kerzel of MASNSports.com. What are the chances they would take Rios if we ate a large portion of his contract? What other needs do they have that we might be able to include in a package with Rios to lower the amount of his salary we would have to eat? Any thoughts?

I would say the chances are zero. The only possibility for getting rid of Rios is if the Yankees are desperate enough to acquire Danks that they agree to take Rios with him, and even that is a longshot.

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)

Be still my beating heart

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)

They said they wanted a CF...

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)

Package Dunn and Rios for Jayson Werth, that has a chance. Dunn goes back to where he was productive, Rios can play CF and would be at least league average in the NL, Werth can collect his money in LF in Chicago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
I dont think the Tigers are "incredibly strong" at all. And I think the Sox have enough as it stands right now to compete in the division. It is the CONSENSUS on this board that this was an underachieving team last season correct? Well, what if under a new voice in the clubhouse that they actually played up to their ability?

Here is what the Tigers trotted out this year, and obviously some of them are gone like Maggs:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/lineup/_/name/det/detroit-tigers

This seems like the same thing we hear each year. The Sox might have just enough talent to win this division, as long as other teams don't play to their abilities.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
This seems like the same thing we hear each year. The Sox might have just enough talent to win this division, as long as other teams don't play to their abilities.

Amen. That's why I knew the ending to last year in April.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

White Sox rebuilding: If they get what they want, Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Beckham all will be gone by opening day

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Why Beckham? That makes no sense. And what the hell, another one of my jerseys going to be dealt? I already lost my favorite player in MB56, and now my only other jersey is Beckham. Dammit.