Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Sounds like YOU need to buy a Rios jersey.

That and Dunn. It's the same thing will my Dolphins jerseys, I have Marino, Ricky Williams, Culpepper, Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Zach Thomas, and I'm really regretting getting my Brandon Marshall jersey this week.

:gosoxretro:

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
If I see one more person complain about signing Dunn with 20/20 hindsight, they should stop posting.

Though I think Randy hated it from the start, so he's the exception.

I thought I was the first one to hate the acquisition of Dunn. Anyway, I hated it the minute I heard about it, although I did not think he would be this bad. It still rankles me that we gave a a #1 pick in addition to all that money, none of which is Kenny's, who must be the most unfirable person in the country.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

White Sox rebuilding: If they get what they want, Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Beckham all will be gone by opening day

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Beckham is a weird one. I understand why you would want to be rid of him, but you probably won't get much after his last two seasons.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Amen. That's why I knew the ending to last year in April.

Sarcasm or not?

QUOTE (Soxnfins2256 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:51 PM)
That and Dunn. It's the same thing will my Dolphins jerseys, I have Marino, Ricky Williams, Culpepper, Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Zach Thomas, and I'm really regretting getting my Brandon Marshall jersey this week.

:gosoxretro:

You should just buy Dan Marino or Larry Csonka, then.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
I seriously think Dunn is going to rebound and all this talk will be lost. I still don't think he was 100% healthy from his surgery in mid-April, Rushed back and was too stubborn to admit it.

I can't think of a person on Earth that wouldn't come clean about it after having the worst season in the history of the sport, no matter how "stubborn" he may be.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Beckham is a weird one. I understand why you would want to be rid of him, but you probably won't get much after his last two seasons.

Sarcasm or not?

I'm serious. I knew when we started off slow that we would have a may-june run that would have people saying "Oooh well maybe if we have a good second half" and then the second half is just going to be a brutal trudge to third place.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
DKnobler DKnobler

White Sox rebuilding: If they get what they want, Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Beckham all will be gone by opening day

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

If that happens, it's a real shame Kenny is still here and those guys are gone.

scottmerkin

Brad Bergesen one of the names floated by Orioles to White Sox in potential trade talks. Could include Quentin and/or Floyd.

Blah, Bergesen is 26 with 2 years of service and is mediocre to brutal depending on how much you believe in his fluky rookie season where he sported s*** peripherals. I prefer my starters strike someone out. Source is Merkin so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 12:52 AM)
scottmerkin Scott Merkin

Brad Bergesen one of the names floated by Orioles to White Sox in potential trade talks. Could include Quentin and/or Floyd

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Wat?

Holy hell, that guy sucks! I will say this, I have no faith in KW to acquire equal value.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
Blah, Bergesen is 26 with 2 years of service and is mediocre to brutal. I prefer my starters strike someone out. Source is Merkin so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

We'd win 1-2 games more per year from not having to face him.

Kenny getting a guy who the sox can't hit? That does sound like his MO.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
I seriously think Dunn is going to rebound and all this talk will be lost. I still don't think he was 100% healthy from his surgery in mid-April, Rushed back and was too stubborn to admit it.

If he does have a comeback it wouldn't surprise me....him producing on a team with zero expectations for the season....sounds like his performance throughout his entire career

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
Bergesen was the second worst pitcher in baseball with over 100 innings last year.

He and Brian Matusz made for a formidable duo. Is Bergesen even seen as a major league pitcher at this point? He doesn't have the stuff for the pen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Was Matusz worse? Not sure if he went over 100 IP.

Only made it to 50 IP. Matusz had one of the single worst seasons of any starter with double digit starts in the modern era. He allowed almost 15 H/9 and 18 HR (3.3 HR/9) in 49.2 IP.