Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
That said, I doubt AA would part with Drabek. He was the centerpiece of the Halladay trade.

Beliv dat

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
So KW not showing up until late tomorrow... That'll be a boring Monday on the trade front. It's like a rainout on opening day haha

No joke, right? :D

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
I'm hopefuly that we trade as many people as possble, in an effort to get younger. I'm ready to see a lot of new faces come spring.

Yep. Last year was awful and without any kind of hope. Aside from Sale, there isn't one player on this team that I'd be apprehensive to deal. Deal anyone with value. Danks, Floyd, Thornton, Quentin, Ramirez, and Santos would be where I'd start.

Yep. Last year was awful and without any kind of hope. Aside from Sale, there isn't one player on this team that I'd be apprehensive to deal. Deal anyone with value. Danks, Floyd, Thornton, Quentin, Ramirez, and Santos would be where I'd start.

I totally agree. If we are going to start over. I would also trade PK, Crain, AJ, and Beckham. I hate half ass jobs.

Hopefully we can find a few suckers to take Dunn, Peavy and Rios..

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
I hope Rick Hahn & JR will be there early tomorrow morning..

I'm POSITIVE that KW canceling his press conference and arriving late on Monday is completely planned. They are two actions that are pointed at other GM's - an attempt to stir up activity and create a more competitive environment with our potential trading partners.

They are probably also hoping that M56 gets his choice set on Monday too so that they can start with his negotiations. He's probably the first domino that will drop and dictate our direction.

I hope he goes to Miami.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Scott Merkin said that KW won't be in Dallas until Monday evening.

I'm going to try not to criticize this, but what the f***, man? It's three full days to get stuff done. Why give up a full day? I hope Monday evening means 6pm.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
I'm glad they're starting the bidding so high. But, I thought Floyd had more than a year left on his contract?

Indeed.

Well, plus the fact that Buehrle seems to want to test free agency. And he's not going to come back here for 3/14 when some other team might do 4/16.

I think Floyd has some kind of an option left too, right?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Like Milkman said, if you're going to completely gut the team (I hope they do), it makes little to no sense to throw $14-$16 million at Mark when you're not going to be competing for a damn thing for at least 2-3 years. Well, other than the sentimental bulls***. Which is no way to run a successful franchise.

Its called selling tickets. The idea that you can completely gut the team and still get anyone to the stadium is just ignorant of the Sox history. If guys like Buehrle and Konerko aren't here, the stadium will go back to drawing a million.

Its called selling tickets. The idea that you can completely gut the team and still get anyone to the stadium is just ignorant of the Sox history. If guys like Buehrle and Konerko aren't here, the stadium will go back to drawing a million.

Exactly. Buehrle is worth the money that he wants just due to the ticket sales. If Konerko was traded and Buehrle signed elsewhere it would be hard to imagine what KW could even do to draw flies to the park next year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)

So, the 130 or so games in which Mark doesn't pitch means only a million people are going to show up?

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Exactly. Buehrle is worth the money that he wants just due to the ticket sales. If Konerko was traded and Buehrle signed elsewhere it would be hard to imagine what KW could even do to draw flies to the park next year.

Buehrle starts about 16 home games and Konerko sat the last series at home to maintain a .300 average.

I just want winners. I don't care about the names on the backs of the jerseys.

And let me be clear, Buehrle and Konerko may be my two favorite Sox players ever. But winning trumps all and that's what gets Sox fans to the park.

Edited by flavum

I buy my tickets for the name on front of the jersey and not for the name on the back.. I wish more Sox fans did that, so this organzation has the money to spend on players.