Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
But imagine the package required for Gio. Danks would be much more attractive because you could get him for a lot less (which should still be a lot anyway).

I realize that. But Gio is not a FA until 2016. If a team is going to part with top prospects, you're going to lean a lot more towards him I would imagine.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Even if he was under control as Floyd, he isn't that good to demain one top spect... to ask for 2 is downright luaghable.

If he were under control for even two years he'd command at least one top prospect. And by top prospect I mean consensus top 20ish or so. He still might now (long as you're not ridiculous). I agree that guys like Jesus Montero are pure fantasy.

Edited by Jordan4life

If he were under control for even two years he'd command at least one top prospect. He still might now (long as you're not ridiculous).

If Danks didn't have a down season, than I can see asking for a top spect, but KW is in no position to ask for anything close to what he would have last year this time trading Danks.

Its Monday, and the Sox are asking NYY for Banuelos and Montero in exchange for Danks. NYY says won't trade either.

I'm guessing by Wednesday we'll hear he was traded for one of them.

Also, although Danks is under control for 1 year, he has more value than that to a team like NYY. They are a team that could afford his next contract, and they get a 1-year control period to negotiate it, doing more direct analysis all the while.

Don't forget, under the new CBA, Danks has better odds of providing a team maximum compensation in the amateur draft should he declare himself a free agent at the end of the season. If KW can't receive a return in trade significantly better than the expected value of that draft compensation, then he should keep Danks.

Its Monday, and the Sox are asking NYY for Banuelos and Montero in exchange for Danks. NYY says won't trade either.

Also, although Danks is under control for 1 year, he has more value than that to a team like NYY. They are a team that could afford his next contract, and they get a 1-year control period to negotiate it, doing more direct analysis all the while.

I don't think the Yankees are even an trading partner.. Just a simple misdirection.

We should make it a bigger package. Danks/Thornton for Banuelos, Gary Sanchez, and Dante Bichette

We need a trade to happen so we can start saying how awful KW is, how he should have gotten a frozen lobster thrown into the deal, and that the Marlins are going to be so much better (they will be, but who cares!).

Marlins will still be in 4th place. Philly, Atl and Wash are much better teams

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
We need a trade to happen so we can start saying how awful KW is, how he should have gotten a frozen lobster thrown into the deal, and that the Marlins are going to be so much better (they will be, but who cares!).

Jay Cowley tweeted earlier today that Florida and the Sox had been talking FWIW.