Sergio Santos traded to Toronto

Steve9347

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First reaction: SERGIO? But his contract was so good!

Second reaction: BLUE JAYS? Damn you, Antholpolous!!

Third reaction: (look up Molina) Ok, ok, legit pitching prospect.

Fourth reaction: Although I love Sergio's contract, I cannot help but like that KW is trading relivers for legit SP prospects. Great market to do so. Theoretically, a good move.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
CST_soxvan Daryl Van Schouwen

Did not anticipate would take sergio to get him.

whitesox Chicago White Sox

KW on Molina: We are very happy we were able to acquire him. He was on a very short target list.

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

"We had no intention of trading him" said Santos was caught off guard but understood

Pretty telling there. We employ a Jays scout that said here is a guy that will help you fill holes moving forward. Unfortunately it took Sergio, but we are dealing from a position of strength.

Stewart also could be in line to close, a lot of the scouting reports thought that is where he would have the most value. So there are quite a few remaining internal options with Reed, Stewart, and Marinez just off the top of my head. KW could turn into Billy Beane and make marginal pitchers closers and trade them off for a good return.

Sounds like KW has a list of prospects from around the league that he really likes, and it basing his trade negotiations off that list. It almost seems like he's calling teams saying "How can I get Prospect X? Anything is on the table."

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Sounds like KW has a list of prospects from around the league that he really likes, and it basing his trade negotiations off that list. It almost seems like he's calling teams saying "How can I get Prospect X? Anything is on the table."

Yep, he gets fixated on particular guys (in the past, it was based on AFL performance). I have no problem with this approach, but you better make sure your scouts are right more than they're wrong.