Sergio Santos traded to Toronto

Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)

I like the conclusion:

Molina is an impressively polished pitcher who was one of 2011′s biggest breakout stars. With average to above-average stuff and otherworldly command, he should at least be an innings-eater and could be a very good #2 starter. After all, the biggest problem for command pitchers like this is the home run ball, a problem which shouldn’t show up for Molina thanks to his approach. That makes Molina a similar pitcher to Doug Fister statistically, and pitchers like that are bigtime assets.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#WhiteSox GM Ken Williams said first move would be telling. Gets top SP prospect Molina. But had Santos for 3/8.25M and 3 club options. #MLB

#BlueJays like Molina, view him as potential mid-rotation starter. But they get 6 yrs of control on Santos on good contract. #WhiteSox #MLB

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
From that it sounds like his peak would be a no 3.

Interesting, from the conclusion "With average to above-average stuff and otherworldly command, he should at least be an innings-eater and could be a very good #2 starter."

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
Always nice to see fans of other teams upset that they're losing one of their favorite prospects. Big change from when Yanks fans were laughing at KW for acquiring Marquez.

Having good scouts will do that to your team.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
If Buehrle, Danks, Quentin, and possibly others move on this off-season, with the farm system in the current state it's in, do you see this club really competing for a title, or even the division over the next 2-3 years?

The logical answer is no, and if that's the case, having a top notch closer is nearly meaningless.

I don't mind getting rid of santos, it's just that he was cheap. This doesn't make sense as a salary dump. I dunno, I'll just have to see how molina is. I don't have a problem with the deal, I just don't get it yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
I love the sounds of this.

The more I think about it, though, the more I want to keep Floyd/Danks, let Buehrle and Peavy walk.

Danks/Floyd/Sale/Stewart/Molina could be pretty darn good. And overall, young.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
I don't mind getting rid of santos, it's just that he was cheap. This doesn't make sense as a salary dump. I dunno, I'll just have to see how molina is. I don't have a problem with the deal, I just don't get it yet.

It's not a salary dump, it was simply just trying to get someone you like by using Santos, who actually had value. This is something KW has rarely done in the past, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
The more I think about it, though, the more I want to keep Floyd/Danks, let Buehrle and Peavy walk.

Danks/Floyd/Sale/Stewart/Molina could be pretty darn good. And overall, young.

I think it's way more likely Buehrle's at the front of rotation and Danks is gone.

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#WhiteSox GM Ken Williams said first move would be telling. Gets top SP prospect Molina. But had Santos for 3/8.25M and 3 club options. #MLB

#BlueJays like Molina, view him as potential mid-rotation starter. But they get 6 yrs of control on Santos on good contract. #WhiteSox #MLB

Exactly. Another dumbass move for KW.

CST_soxvan Daryl Van Schouwen

Ken w: 90-96 mph, hits both sides of plate, plus slider, splitter. Great command

CST_soxvan Daryl Van Schouwen

Did not anticipate would take sergio to get him.

whitesox Chicago White Sox

KW on Molina: We are very happy we were able to acquire him. He was on a very short target list.

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

"We had no intention of trading him" said Santos was caught off guard but understood

ChuckGarfien Chuck Garfien

KW says Molina needs "a little seasoning" but could force his way onto the roster soon.