Sergio Santos traded to Toronto

Steve9347

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
He's a AA guy at this point. I am guessing they accelerate this guy to a debut late this year or next.

I sure hope not. Let him develop. Lord knows rushing guys hasn't worked in the past. Especially if we are indeed rebuilding.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
Rock, have you heard of any FA that the Sox might go after?

Nope. Not really tuned into that. These last few weeks have been really dark outside of a few meetings that I heard about taking place between the FO and other teams.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
I sure hope not. Let him develop. Lord knows rushing guys hasn't worked in the past. Especially if we are indeed rebuilding.

Unless you consider Dan Hudson and Chris Sale things that havent worked, I would say moving guys through the system quickly has been a decent philosophy of late.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Even if Kenny isn't lying about not trading the starters now, they certainly have some offensive players and relievers they could move.

Quentin and Thornton have to be the first out before anyone. Hopefully for some more pitching.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Unless you consider Dan Hudson and Chris Sale things that havent worked, I would say moving guys through the system quickly has been a decent philosophy of late.

Perhaps. No starting minor league time for Sale could hurt though. We'll see this year. I'd also argue that Beckham being rushed hurt as well. I hope Kenny sticks to what he said in that he won't rush him. Do him like the Rays do. If rebuilding, this team isn't doing anything next year anyway.

Edited by DirtySox