Aaron Rowand Signs With Marlins

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowand is getting paid no matter what by the Giants. $12 Million on his contract. But they released him last year. If the White Sox sign him ..I believe they would only have to pay him the league minimum and Giants pick up the rest.

I think that you have to respect that he still wants to play. He still has the competitive drive. Having him come to spring training cost us $0. Not job promise. He has to earn it and he would be playing for a backup position. Don't know if he would accept a minor league contract..probably not but if he is willing that they would work well to give us some outfield insurance.

Remember when Pods signed a minor contract with us in 2009 . Then we needed an outfielder and he had a decent season.

Firstly, there's no room for him. Rios, De Aza, Viciedo and Lillibridge.

Secondly, he's worse than all of them. WHen was the last time that he was good? What year?

Third, why would you take away playing time from the young guys to play Rowand?

Makes no f***ing sense at all. The only reason that I can imagine the Sox would even think about it would be the need to sell a few tickets.

Firstly, there's no room for him. Rios, De Aza, Viciedo and Lillibridge.

Secondly, he's worse than all of them. WHen was the last time that he was good? What year?

Third, why would you take away playing time from the young guys to play Rowand?

Makes no f***ing sense at all. The only reason that I can imagine the Sox would even think about it would be the need to sell a few tickets.

1st Agree..

2nd.. 2007

3rd.. Who are these "young" guys?

I agree other than selling tickets, which is something they are going to need to do.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
The way things are going, our ticket plan will probably be named something like The Return of the Grinder Plan.

Actually, this in a way might be why the Sox are looking into it. If we're going into a full out rebuild mode, it surely wouldn't hurt in the selling tickets department to have a fan friendly face around. Good point.

If we cannot get a poster named Rowand44 excited about this idea, then maybe this is a bad idea. lol!

Where did the Aaron Rowand love go? 34 years OLD. Does he use a cane? You cannot possibly be in good physical condition if you are 34 years old.

And if he doesn't make the team put him on the coaching staff.

Edited by sunofgold

You guys are ready to instantly hand a starting spot to Lilli?

Sample sizes aren't big enough. He should definitely be allowed to compete with Beckham for the 2b job, but he's handed nothing. Rowand fits as long they are willing to play Lilli at a few positions. And with a player like that, you get the most value out of him that way (unless he wants to prove even more offensively than he did last year....)

Edited by Princess Dye