2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
And you say I'm not a real fan? You want to see Rose flourish and become the best player in the NBA for another franchise? That's like your wife leaving you for some rich f*** and you saying you want her to be happy in the end.

If it's for the best. I know how much damage serious knee injuries can do to a player. The list of superstars whose career got killed by knee injuries goes on and on. If the injury, rehab, and prevention procedures are not done properly, the knee will likely to go bad again. Guys like Grant Hill and Michael Redd suffered several years of irrelevancy due to repeat knee injuries. Brandon Roy retired at age 26 after 6 knee surgeries. If it means to save the career of my favorite player, and protect his knee for the next several years, then I am fine with it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baron Davis tore his ACL in college yet still recovered enough to become the 3rd overall pick in the draft and have an nice 13 year career. DRose wasn't 100% all season and many who now think if he comes back at anything less will make the Bulls non contenders for a title weren't feeling that way 24 hours ago when he couldn't have been more than 80-85%.

In Davis's two years at UCLA, he averaged 13.6 points and 5.1 assists for the Bruins. While coming down from a dunk during an NCAA Tournament game his freshman year, he injured his knee and tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Surprisingly, though, he made a full recovery the next season and seemed to have regained nearly all of the speed, quickness, and explosiveness he had before the injury while doing enough on the basketball court to warrant his declaring for the 1999 NBA Draft after his sophomore campaign.[3]

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
Baron Davis tore his ACL in college yet still recovered enough to become the 3rd overall pick in the draft and have an nice 13 year career. DRose wasn't 100% all season and many who now think if he comes back at anything less will make the Bulls non contenders for a title weren't feeling that way 24 hours ago when he couldn't have been more than 80-85%.

In Davis's two years at UCLA, he averaged 13.6 points and 5.1 assists for the Bruins. While coming down from a dunk during an NCAA Tournament game his freshman year, he injured his knee and tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Surprisingly, though, he made a full recovery the next season and seemed to have regained nearly all of the speed, quickness, and explosiveness he had before the injury while doing enough on the basketball court to warrant his declaring for the 1999 NBA Draft after his sophomore campaign.[3]

Makes you wonder where he was showing off the speed, quickness, and explosiveness at...

I'm thinking that the basketball gods hate us, a Rose less Bulls team can still compete and maybe get past the Celtics but they'll put up a good fight vs the Queer trio but they'll come up short, especially if you can't even breathe on Leb**** without sending him to the FT line.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm thinking that the basketball gods hate us, a Rose less Bulls team can still compete and maybe get past the Celtics but they'll put up a good fight vs the Queer trio but they'll come up short, especially if you can't even breathe on Leb**** without sending him to the FT line.

Really?

I keep coming back to how well we always play w/o Rose against the Heat. The Heat defense sucks against our team offense (most defenses suck against a good team-oriented offense) but had very little problem dealing with Derrick when he was basically just bringing it up and driving/shooting. We have seen multiple instances now when we outscore the Heat w/o Derrick on the floor vs being outscored w/ Derrick. The main vulnerability to our team w/o Derrick is those spurts when no one can score, obviously. I'd say we're more or less unharmed defensively w/o Derrick.

Could being Rose-less help us against the Heat (if we get there)?

I know I'm not the only one that entertained the thought, even last year, that Rose was killing us offensively against Miami.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
I keep coming back to how well we always play w/o Rose against the Heat. The Heat defense sucks against our team offense (most defenses suck against a good team-oriented offense) but had very little problem dealing with Derrick when he was basically just bringing it up and driving/shooting. We have seen multiple instances now when we outscore the Heat w/o Derrick on the floor vs being outscored w/ Derrick. The main vulnerability to our team w/o Derrick is those spurts when no one can score, obviously. I'd say we're more or less unharmed defensively w/o Derrick.

Could being Rose-less help us against the Heat (if we get there)?

I know I'm not the only one that entertained the thought, even last year, that Rose was killing us offensively against Miami.

The Heat defense will probably not suck by the time we get to them, and they're also going to be playing 8-5 since it's the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)

He was not the same guy watching him in college. I guess the good news for him was he tore it at such a young age that he still had some good pre (some during) prime years on it. Anyone that saw Davis pre ACL surgery knows he was damn athletic. Had some great moments in the NBA athletically (hell he was probably the second strongest PG for nearly a decade after Billups so he was serviceable down the line when the speed/agility left with his size and strength not to mention he had a bit of a post game), but declined in that area quickly.

Edited by SoxAce

The only, ONLY remote possibility I see the Bulls winning the finals is Lebron or Wade get knocked out by the Pacers in the second round. If we somehow get past a beat up Celtics team in the second round, we will face a young and inexperienced Pacers team in the ECF. After the Pacers take us to the limit in the ECF, we face an old and tired leg Spurs team that simply ran out of gas in the Finals, and we win in 7! Perfect ending script to a rough year for the Bulls.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
He was not the same guy watching him in college. I guess the good news for him was he tore it at such a young age that he still had some good pre (some during) prime years on it. Anyone that saw Davis pre ACL surgery knows he was damn athletic. Had some great moments in the NBA athletically (hell he was probably the second strongest PG for nearly a decade after Billups so he was serviceable down the line when the speed/agility left with his size and strength not to mention he had a bit of a post game), but declined in that area quickly.

Davis was barely 19 when he tore his ACL. Rose is 23. That's not too much different. Four years.

Hopefully Rose can recover quickly and make it back by December of next season.

A Nike shoe designer mocked Derrick Rose's season-ending ACL injury on Twitter on Sunday, igniting a firestorm of criticism on the social media website.

Jason Petrie, who designed LeBron James' signature sneakers, tweeted that Rose should have signed with Nike after the Chicago Bulls superstar tore his ACL in the final minutes of Game 1 of Chicago's Eastern Conference quarterfinals series against the Philadelphia 76ers.

"You got one guy only getting stronger, and one guy breaking down before our very eyes. You chose poorly Pooh... #shouldasignedwithNIKE #GWS," Petrie wrote, referring also to James and Heat's 33-point Game 1 victory over the New York Knicks.

Rose signed long-term deal with rival shoemaker adidas in February.

Petrie's comments drew enough outrage that Petrie tried to assuage his followers, tweeting: "Y'all take sh#t too serious! Never want to see anyone get hurt- I hope DRose comes back stronger than ever, he's too good..."

FoxSports.com reported Sunday that Petrie then went back on the offensive Saturday, writing, "Just to set the record straight- if you ain't with me you against me, and if that's the case I don't give a F about you!"

On Sunday morning, Petrie apologized for his comments.

"Wow! Twitterverse I do apologize. It was really just tongue n cheek! Never meant any harm or disrespect!," he tweeted.

Sigh.