2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Anthony Davis and Eric Gordon is a sick two-some to build around.

And #11 as well in a draft that's deep but lacks sure things (Kentucky reunion with Terrence Jones?). Too bad the rest of that roster is pretty crappy, I have no idea how they won 21 games.

QUOTE (Stocking @ May 30, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
How did this play into that future pick? /not green/

There's a HUGE drop-off after Davis, so they're not likely to improve enough to send the Bulls that pick until it's unprotected in 2016.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
J. Jack would be a great back-up pg who could start and do a solid job while Rose recovers. He's also someone that can play SG if needed

I'd seriously try to deal Deng, Watson, and the 29 for Jack, Ariza, and the 10 if Lamb is on the board at 10.

Deng helps them possibly make the playoffs this year, which would be great for them a year after losing Paul, getting AD, and most likely changing the name and uniform.

Ariza could give some Deng-esque D in Thibs system and Lamb could give us a possible #2 option to develop with Rose. You've stated the nice part of Jack.

'

Also, Bobcats pick is worth more! Mazel Tov!

You don't trade for #10 and then take Lamb. He might be there at 29.

Edit- Nevermind, wrong Lamb. Still not sure trading your second best player for two guys that should be on the bench and an okay prospect is a good move.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
You don't trade for #10 and then take Lamb. He might be there at 29.

Edit- Nevermind, wrong Lamb. Still not sure trading your second best player for two guys that should be on the bench and an okay prospect is a good move.

Maximize Deng's value. He'll be 29 when we're ready for another big run and looking for a new contract.

Jeremy Lamb could be a legit #2 option next to Rose.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Maximize Deng's value. He'll be 29 when we're ready for another big run and looking for a new contract.

Jeremy Lamb could be a legit #2 option next to Rose.

"Maximizing his value" would be getting a better return than that. Ariza thinks he can score even though he can't and Jack is basically a league average PG (albiet he is coming off a good year racking up stats for an awful team).

That means it all falls on Lamb to really get your "value". If he pans out, you're probably looking at something like Luol Deng. If he doesn't, ouch. I mean he has potential, but he's probably the 4th best wing in this draft.

I don't really have a good example deal, but I'd call "maximizing his value" something like trading him with some filler for better player or a younger, comparable player.

It's not like any of Rose, Deng or Noah are ancient. You can still get an extended run out of this. Plus I'm not really sure the difference between what you get at 29 is going to be that different from #10 in this particular draft.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

hahahah

Lebron has a foot and 150lb of muscle over Rondo. 20 seconds. Cleared out.

Pull up s***ty jumper. Hilarious, I love bron bron

And I usually dig Van Gundy....but that was most definitely not "as good of a look" as he could have gotten

Edited by Jenksy Cat