2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
I've always liked Tyson but people thinking he takes the Knicks from a .500 team to a contender is insanity.

The Celtics have 50 pts in the paint, so much for that Tyson clogging up the paint.

Basically, when the Knicks face a team that can exploit Melo and Amar'e lack of defense, they'll put a lot of PFs on Chandler.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
I heard Magic Johnson compare him to Kevin Garnett earlier. Thought that was kind of interesting.

In 2000, Tyson was "Baby KG" and Curry was "Baby Shaq"

And Chandler isn't in the same stratosphere as old KG. Unless the comparison was current KG.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)

And Chandler isn't in the same stratosphere as old KG. Unless the comparison was current KG.

I'd take KG over Chandler right now actually. He gives more offensively and is still a pretty good defender.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
This Heat-Mavs game is going to go longer than 4pm. I swear to god if ABC doesn't flip to the Bulls game when it starts I am going to freak out.

Now if this were Fox, you know that would happen. Hopefully, ABC realizes that I'm in the Chicago viewing area and does the right thing.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)

Chandler will never be in the stratosphere of any KG, old or new. Chandlers offensive game consists of putbacks and alley oops, KGs offensive game is on a completely different level. Defensively you can bring up some comparisons, but that's where it stops.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Chandler will never be in the stratosphere of any KG, old or new. Chandlers offensive game consists of putbacks and alley oops, KGs offensive game is on a completely different level. Defensively you can bring up some comparisons, but that's where it stops.

I should have said defensively with their current forms. Then same stratosphere, but KG still owns him.