Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
As long as you aren't one of the people that go to the dogpark and tell everyone how your dog is a rescue dog 15 times good for you...

No s***! Everyone always gives me some s***ty look when they hear that I bought my Great Dane from a breeder.

I have a dog I rescued from a local shelter as well. He's eaten half the furniture in my house because he has some crazy separation anxiety. I tried everything, and almost took him back (which would be very hard for me to do), and then my mom suggested I try one last thing...Prozac. He's been on it a week and it has made a HUGE difference.

Anyways, the point of my story is there is a reason some dogs need to be rescued...because they are f***ing crazy...and not everyone wants that.

However, many, many of them are just there because their owners were idiots, and it is a great thing to rescue them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
So for a little backstory, I had two dogs pass away within the last two months. My basset was 13 years old and had cancer and needed to be put down(thanksgiving night), and my Chocolate lab was 11 and had a heart attack 3 weeks ago and didnt make it to the vet. So we werent really looking for new pets, but a rescue situation was presented to us, and we ended up with Fred and Wilma here

fred.jpg

wilma.jpg

Sorry to hear that Kyle...but congrats on the Flinstones! :)

How old are Fred and Wilma?

We were told they were a breeding pair at a small breeding operation/ puppy mill that were removed by an intermediary, they are supposed to be around a year old. I believe it with Fred, but not so much with Wilma, I think she is a bit older.

They aren't potty trained, which really sucks, but they are really sweet dogs and very much in love with each other, they can't stand to be apart

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
We were told they were a breeding pair at a small breeding operation/ puppy mill that were removed by an intermediary, they are supposed to be around a year old. I believe it with Fred, but not so much with Wilma, I think she is a bit older.

They aren't potty trained, which really sucks, but they are really sweet dogs and very much in love with each other, they can't stand to be apart

So are they both still intact?

One of my roommate's dad died some time last night, apparently his my roommate's mom woke up next to him and his body was cold. 58 years old, healthy, no recent illness.

What a way to wake up to a call from your mom saying your dad died, I feel so bad for him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
The cops here have been in a feud with a local bar owner who owns a few of the more popular bars, which has led to the cops to raid pretty much only those bars for a period of time.

That was the case at the bar I worked at. We would print up maps to where Illinois would have road blocks set up. When the Wisconsin cops would bust us, they usually tossed a couple of the maps into our hands.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 02:41 AM)
I bought a new watch today. This is one of the most exciting things to me, right after buying a new suit, and right above buying a dress shirt or tie.

My last watch broke like 5 years ago and I never replaced it. Never needed it anymore and I don't like wearing anything on my hands. If I ever get married, my ring will probably be on a chain around my neck.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:57 AM)
My last watch broke like 5 years ago and I never replaced it. Never needed it anymore and I don't like wearing anything on my hands. If I ever get married, my ring will probably be on a chain around my neck.

Interesting. I used to never wear watches, but my sophomore year of college or so, I started wearing one every day. Now I feel weird without one. I've also had the same gold cross around my neck since 7th or 8th grade.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
Interesting. I used to never wear watches, but my sophomore year of college or so, I started wearing one every day. Now I feel weird without one. I've also had the same gold cross around my neck since 7th or 8th grade.

I was the same way when mine broke but I was too lazy to go buy one, I was wearing a cheap digital one, and just found myselt looking at my phone instead.