Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)
Fourth seizure. Woke up covered in blood from lacerated chin.

There are dogs that can detect seizures in people. Maybe it could help you with an advanced warning.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)
3 of my buddies and I got our credit and backgrounds approved today to move into a place in Chicago in mid June. First time I'm going to be living in the city. So pumped!

Yuppie

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
3 of my buddies and I got our credit and backgrounds approved today to move into a place in Chicago in mid June. First time I'm going to be living in the city. So pumped!

Welcome to Illinois.

This has disaster written all over it.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 10, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
What the hell is ProFlowers.com's business model? I ordered a mother's day bouquet for my mom and sister and according to FedEx tracking, one is being shipped from Ohio and the other from Indianapolis. They both live in Chicago. Aren't there florists in Chicago they could use to save on transportation costs?

They have a direct grower-to-consumer business model: no wholesalers, retailers, or local florists. In theory, the flowers should be fresher, longer this way.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 12, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Yuppie

Time to leave Wadsworth behind.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
Welcome to Illinois.

This has disaster written all over it.

I knew you'd be all over this...

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
Welcome to the next phase of your life. Moving out and driving up 57 will be one of the worst feelings ever.

Ugh, I start fulltime in a week too. I kept telling my parents I was moving back Tuesday, then I told them Wednesday, now Im settling on Thursday.

First in a 3-part series about the March 2 F4 tornado that hit Southern Indiana. Pretty good read if you have any interest in tornadoes and/or live in a tornado-prone area:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201...look-path-storm

It was fast — and it was powerful. Many Indiana tornadoes produce winds no stronger than 100 mph. This one? Its swirling winds whipped up as strong as 175 mph.

On the Enhanced Fujita scale, which gauges a tornado’s ferocity on a scale of one to five, this tornado at times rated an EF-4. In short, it was one of the most powerful tornadoes ever to hit the state.

Welcome to the next phase of your life. Moving out and driving up 57 will be one of the worst feelings ever.

It wasn't for me. As much fun as college was, I was so ready to get out of that town I drove home right after graduation.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 12, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)

It obviously wasn't that thorough of a background check....

You're right about that feeling. Except it was 55 for me.

General Bank Account Question:

So I moved to Minneapolis last August, but never opened a new bank account up here because I liked my Chase account (there are no Chase branches up here), and since my only "income" right now is student loans, I don't really have too much money to put into an account. Anyway, I need to open one up here now because it's (predictably) getting to be a hassle. But, my dad claims that I shouldn't close my current account (which I've had since I started college in 2007), because it would adversely affect my credit score to not have an account that's been open for a while. I've never heard this about bank accounts -- is it true? Ideally, I'd like to completely close my Chase ones (checking and savings, though I have a credit card through them too so I'm not sure how that will work) and open new stuff up here.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
You're right about that feeling. Except it was 55 for me.

65 for me. It was weird and a bit depressing, but at the same time I was ready to start something new. Four years was the perfect amount of time to be there, basically.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 14, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
General Bank Account Question:

So I moved to Minneapolis last August, but never opened a new bank account up here because I liked my Chase account (there are no Chase branches up here), and since my only "income" right now is student loans, I don't really have too much money to put into an account. Anyway, I need to open one up here now because it's (predictably) getting to be a hassle. But, my dad claims that I shouldn't close my current account (which I've had since I started college in 2007), because it would adversely affect my credit score to not have an account that's been open for a while. I've never heard this about bank accounts -- is it true? Ideally, I'd like to completely close my Chase ones (checking and savings, though I have a credit card through them too so I'm not sure how that will work) and open new stuff up here.

Closing your longest-lived Credit card isn't a good move in terms of credit score if you don't have a long history. Closing the bank accounts is usually fine. It shouldn't be impossible to close the checking and savings account while keeping the credit card open, but they're a big bank so they won't make it easy on you.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
65 for me. It was weird and a bit depressing, but at the same time I was ready to start something new. Four years was the perfect amount of time to be there, basically.

That's the way I felt after I graduated. Damn, it was fun, but I was ready for something new.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
I did this this morning and honestly teared up a few times.

6 years ago to the day for me, same thing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
I'm about 8 years removed from graduating college (ugh, i'm old) and at least once a week I daydream about how awesome those 4 years were. Sigh.

Ditto.

QUOTE (SnB @ May 14, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
That's the way I felt after I graduated. Damn, it was fun, but I was ready for something new.

And now you're ready for something "old" again as this real-world stuff isn't all that fun after a few years either.