Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

Does anyone collect baseball cards??

I was going to start a thread about it...see where it goes, but I'll start here.

Just purchased a Chris Sale Topps' Gypsy Queen Auto off of EBay for $6, gotta be one of the nicest ones I've purchased.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 31, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
Does anyone collect baseball cards??

I was going to start a thread about it...see where it goes, but I'll start here.

Just purchased a Chris Sale Topps' Gypsy Queen Auto off of EBay for $6, gotta be one of the nicest ones I've purchased.

I used to collect them. Still have some.

But, I can't buy new stuff, all the guys get traded or leave the Sox.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
Too bad that doesn't work in today's world.

"My hard drive completely crashed but I pulled it out and blew on it. Works perfectly again!"

Notice the sexual innuendo...

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
This picture is floating around facebook with the tagline "The Most Magical Event in Twitter History Just Happened and it involved Drake, and a Billionaire from Texas."

547337_10150855596428946_1853547375_n.jp

Drake got owned.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Blowing solves everything. I tell that to my wife all of the time.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
I'll bet you even call it your hard drive...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
Which is funny because she refers to it as his three and a half inch floppy.

Keep them coming! :lol:

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
Ok, now the banner is Lane Bryant...and I wasn't even looking at fat chicks today...

A quick remote into your desktop revealed Google image searches for Nell Carter.

Edited by BigSqwert

To: [Like, 35 people]

Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 12:13:57 PM

Subject: URGENT!!!

Team managers,

I know that it was brought up and reviewed at the managers' meeting on May 7th, 2012, but several occurrences have happened in just the past week that are completely unacceptable. On more than one occasion we have had players bring cases of beer into a facility and upon being told that they can not bring beer into the facility, the response of "What's the big deal?" is disrespectful and unwarranted. Let alone against every rule that every Park Districts have in place. Taking beers onto the player bench and consuming them during the game is completely unacceptable. And when being told that the player can not have alcohol on the bench, either, the response that "I just came from work" holds absolutely no validity. A player who is obviously inebriated will not be allowed to play. No one wants to see anyone get hurt. I know that we are all over 18 years old, but some people have to be protected against themselves.

If you are going to use "a tough day at work" as an excuse to drink, I should be chugging half gallons of grain alcohol after the reeming that I have had this week from the above listed actions plus the rest of them that I have heard in just the past two weeks. Hoffman Estates and Park Ridge have been kind enough to extend their staff and facility so that we can continue to have our Adult Hockey League play competitive games and not lose many teams because of the facilities that we are fortunate enough to play at. These actions, and yes I know that I am speaking to the vast minority of you, are not what the RMAHL is going to be known for. All supervisors and scorekeepers have been instructed to call the police if this occurs again. If they are not comfortable in doing so, they have been told to contact me and I will do so. The reputation of this league has been cleaned up to the extent that many teams want to come here. I will not allow a handful of inconsiderate teams to effect all of our hard work.

If the teams in question would have adhered to the rules plainly stipulated at the manager's meeting, and not being at the manager's meeting is not an excuse, this would not be an issue. This is the only warning that I will give. Please feel free to forward this to all of the players listed on your rosters because everyone of them is held accountable for their actions during the game and they are also going to be held accountabble for their actions as members of the RMAHL.

http://deadspin.com/5913965/some-people-ha...ag=life-lessons