Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
Remember f*cked up NES cartridges?

tumblr_m4uywl8qfy1r4dy70o1_500.gif

TECMO BOWL!

BTW, love the Addy sig, wish my AAP was still open so you can throw that bad boy in there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tourist captures iceberg flipping over

A lucky tourist on a boat journey was on hand to capture the incredible moment that an iceberg flipped over, bringing a huge mass of ice above the surface of the water.

The phenomenon is not uncommon for icebergs, but it is rarely seen on video. Icebergs flip because they become unbalanced after melting and changing shape.

The video, which is less than two minutes long, was only uploaded on to the site yesterday, but it has already been viewed more than 37,000 times.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)

Of these 3, Orsos is by far the closest (within walking distance) where as Halsted is likely a cab ride (I think Halsted is over by where Cabrini was).

Other places on Wells are:

Pourhouse

Benchmark

(Those are both kind of bar/restaurants)

My friends think that Sriacha is really good Thai/Sushi its located at 1232 N La Salle Dr (also within walking distance.)

Ive never been to Orsos, but I have never heard a bad thing about it either. I personally have eaten at the ones Ive mentioned, and if you have anything more specific I can try and help.

How are you planning on getting there?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Wow, watching Venus may be the most boring thing I've ever seen.

One of the scientists here described it as like watching paint dry, except you can't see it happen again for 100+ years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
One of the scientists here described it as like watching paint dry, except you can't see it happen again for 100+ years.

lol that's a pretty smart remark by him. I get the rarity of it, but, blah, i dunno. Things like this are neat, but not really news worthy to me I guess. Now if it crashed into the sun, i'd watch that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
lol that's a pretty smart remark by him. I get the rarity of it, but, blah, i dunno. Things like this are neat, but not really news worthy to me I guess. Now if it crashed into the sun, i'd watch that.

And then we'd all die ~8 minutes later.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)

It was pretty cool to see the sun, venus and sunspots projected into a shoe box via my telescope. I didn't sit around for hours watching it, but I checked it out a few times over the course of the evening. We had perfectly clear skies the whole time.