Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
It is fireworks one night of the year, some random fireworks in middle of night is whatever..... so many whiners in the suburbs.

GET OFF MY .25 ACRE LAWN

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)
Americans work at CERN. colbert.gif

The Tevatron is still giving some valuable information despite being shut down last year because they haven't been able to go through all of the data.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/07/...-tevatron-data/

Here's the story of how we could have done this a decade ago, in Texas, for less money, but Congress pulled the plug.

In the early 1980s the US began plans for the Superconducting Super Collider, or SSC, which would accelerate protons to 20 TeV, three times the maximum energy that will be available at the CERN Large Hadron Collider. After a decade of work, the design was completed, a site was selected in Texas, land bought, and construction begun on a tunnel and on magnets to steer the protons.

Then in 1992 the House of Representatives canceled funding for the SSC. Funding was restored by a House–Senate conference committee, but the next year the same happened again, and this time the House would not go along with the recommendation of the conference committee. After the expenditure of almost two billion dollars and thousands of man-years, the SSC was dead.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
I didn't see that coming.

Ha you only live once. f*** it.

You will enjoy this though...so I finally got around to looking at my bank statement last night, 12 atm charges and $380 spent from the 4th alone. Fun times.

Anyone else have to work on the 4th of July?

They took a vote at my work, Wednesday off or Friday off, and since I work with a bunch of mexicans they all voted for the 3 day weekend instead of the 4th. Me and the guy who works with me were the only two who voted Wednesday.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:51 AM)
Anyone else have to work on the 4th of July?

They took a vote at my work, Wednesday off or Friday off, and since I work with a bunch of mexicans they all voted for the 3 day weekend instead of the 4th. Me and the guy who works with me were the only two who voted Wednesday.

Depends on what you do, but I would have taken Friday. No one is working/doing anything on the 4th, so it's a day of surfing the web (though I do that far too often on a normal business day).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Ha you only live once. f*** it.

You will enjoy this though...so I finally got around to looking at my bank statement last night, 12 atm charges and $380 spent from the 4th alone. Fun times.

I'm not sure how that's possible. But I sure hope you win the lottery soon.

Gov. Pat Quinn is giving motorcyclists the green light to run red lights.

The governor signed legislation Friday allowing motorcycles to proceed at a red light if it has been that way for longer than two minutes, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The law, which goes into effect immediately, takes into account that some automatic lights don't sense the motorcycle's presence because of a bike's lighter weight, making the light remain red longer than if a four-wheel car was at the intersection.

The law also requires that the roadway is clear before a motorcyclist drives through the red light.

The legislation was approved by the Illinois House and sent to the governor in May of 2011.

The city of Chicago is exempt from the legislation.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/...l#ixzz1ztkpRRoG

So guys, what's worse, Nocturnal Seizures or normal Seizures?

Normal ones just happen whatever you're doing, mine seem to be due to a lack of sleep, leave you fatigued, and you don't remember them.

Nocturnal ones happen when you go to sleep (since they started three days ago, everytime I've slept...even naps), wake you in the middle of the night, leave you tired when you wake up, you basically wake up hungover, leave bite marks on your tongue (though not nearly as bad normal ones, they go away and they haven't given me a scar yet), but you'll feel back to normal after around two hours of being awake.

Epilepsy f***ing sucks. Mine are triggered by sleep, either the lack of or going to sleep, leave me fatigued but wake me up, which causes more and f*** all this s***.

/angry

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
So guys, what's worse, Nocturnal Seizures or normal Seizures?

Normal ones just happen whatever you're doing, mine seem to be due to a lack of sleep, leave you fatigued, and you don't remember them.

Nocturnal ones happen when you go to sleep (since they started three days ago, everytime I've slept...even naps), wake you in the middle of the night, leave you tired when you wake up, you basically wake up hungover, leave bite marks on your tongue (though not nearly as bad normal ones, they go away and they haven't given me a scar yet), but you'll feel back to normal after around two hours of being awake.

Epilepsy f***ing sucks. Mine are triggered by sleep, either the lack of or going to sleep, leave me fatigued but wake me up, which causes more and f*** all this s***.

/angry

I blame a lack of run support for Jake Peavy this season.

But seriously, this sucks man.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
I blame a lack of run support for Jake Peavy this season.

But seriously, this sucks man.

:lolhitting

I'm getting used to it, it's just the nocturnal ones starting has pissed me off even more. And it doesn't look like this second medication is working. I want to f***ing drive.

So, of the 23 seizure meds, it takes two months to test each, and it's trial and error. And none are guaranteed to work.

So four years down the road, I could have gone through each to no avail.

Yay.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Gov. Pat Quinn is giving motorcyclists the green light to run red lights.

The governor signed legislation Friday allowing motorcycles to proceed at a red light if it has been that way for longer than two minutes, the Chicago Tribune reports.

The law, which goes into effect immediately, takes into account that some automatic lights don't sense the motorcycle's presence because of a bike's lighter weight, making the light remain red longer than if a four-wheel car was at the intersection.

The law also requires that the roadway is clear before a motorcyclist drives through the red light.

The legislation was approved by the Illinois House and sent to the governor in May of 2011.

The city of Chicago is exempt from the legislation.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/...l#ixzz1ztkpRRoG

Ridiculous. All this means is that a motorcycle will get to a red light, stop for a second, and go through.

Motorcyclists ride like assholes to begin with, so let's make it easier for them to be reckless. Brilliant.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
Ridiculous. All this means is that a motorcycle will get to a red light, stop for a second, and go through.

Motorcyclists ride like assholes to begin with, so let's make it easier for them to be reckless. Brilliant.

Agreed. With the way some of the drive on the interstates, I wouldn't feel for them if they wrecked.