Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Is is the brooms? Because you do basically forget about those at some point.

Sorry Quin but this does look like the stupidest game ever and I love Harry Potter. Can't kids just play Ultimate Frisbee anymore?

http://flapship.com/quidditch-the-most-uni...-think-existed/

Shameless self promotion.

And in each article, the term “nerds” is applied to players over and over. While not necessarily a bad term, the media avoids using the term “athletes”, generally opting instead for something like “wizards”, which is fun for a minute. While I can attest to players generally being nerds, I’ve played on the University of Missouri’s team for almost a year, and wizards is definitely not a suitable replacement for athletes – not when the IQA just held a convention that featured such intense, athletic play.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)
I just don't see it being fun, it looks incredibly stupid. Holding a broomstick between your legs? OK.

I guess if you're a huge Harry Potter fan, you'll do anything to be "part" of it.

I'm honestly not too big a Hary Potter fan. I read and loved the books, but that was years ago and I stopped watching the movies after the second.

The broom made no sense to me at first either, I was dragged along by a friend. It was awkward as hell at first, but now I don't notice it. It is a good handicap though, or you could just run holding it with two hands at full speed.

Once you get past running with the brooms (it takes a while) it's incredibly fun. However, it is fun when passer bys mock us at practice and then decide they'll jump in for a minute to show us how great an athlete they are. Then me or another of our players levels them with a tackle.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Regardless of how I may feel about the sport, it was a great article. And Im sure people thought other sports were silly when they started, think basketball and throwing a ball into a peach basket.

And intially you couldn't move with the ball.

What shocked me is the fact that Kissimmee, FL's local economy is projected to gain $7M off this years world cup

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Yep, nerds sound about right.

Yeah, but its that the fact that they're athletic nerds who played all types of sports in high school gets overlooked. I've had somewhere around 20 people come to one practice and leave because they think it'll be whimsical and a Harry Potter fan club. Then they realize we really don't talk about Harry Potter, get tackled, and it takes athletic ability.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Yeah, but its that the fact that they're athletic nerds who played all types of sports in high school gets overlooked. I've had somewhere around 20 people come to one practice and leave because they think it'll be whimsical and a Harry Potter fan club. Then they realize we really don't talk about Harry Potter, get tackled, and it takes athletic ability.

Its just stupid. The concept of it is lame, regardless of the athletic ability or lack there of. Then again, this also could just be because I think Harry Potter is dumbest s*** ever and its pathetic that people under 11 love that s***.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Nothing worse than being issued a replacement credit card and having to change the number on ALL of your Auto-pay accounts. #firstworldproblems

Lmao, as a person who works in credit card fraud and hears people b**** about this every day when I inform them to update their # with auto debit merchants, this makes me laugh

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
There's just something about the potential of a broomstick getting shoved up my ass that takes the fun out of it. Even if it's by accident.

I'm gonna have to agree that while frightening, that has never happened.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Its just stupid. The concept of it is lame, regardless of the athletic ability or lack there of. Then again, this also could just be because I think Harry Potter is dumbest s*** ever and its pathetic that people under 11 love that s***.

Dude you follow wrestling. You lose the right to talk about s*** things that people under 11 love.