Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never realized that people would go on ebay and buy just about anything from me that I had laying around the house.

Normally, I just list collectible stuff, but some guy paid me $50.00 for an old cancelled stock certificate (I blacked out all personal info).

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
I never realized that people would go on ebay and buy just about anything from me that I had laying around the house.

Normally, I just list collectible stuff, but some guy paid me $50.00 for an old cancelled stock certificate (I blacked out all personal info).

Depending on the company those can be worth a lot of money. I would kill to have an old White Sox one.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
It was a Cleveland Indians one from 1999.

Sports ones are expensive for sure. If you ever run across one with something to do with Michigan City or the White Sox, let me know! The old Sox ones I have seen go for a few hundred.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 01:12 AM)
Where does one go to purchase a laptop bag? Time to be a professional.

Are you talking leather or just a regular canvas-style bag?

I always check eBay first. There are deals on brand new things on there all the time.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 01:12 AM)

Just google it or go to Amazon to see what's out there, there are tons of options depending on what you need it for.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:12 AM)

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 01:05 AM)
Are you talking leather or just a regular canvas-style bag?

I always check eBay first. There are deals on brand new things on there all the time.

How is the first and only response not "Amazon.com"? Best price and selection for almost anything.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
It's cool that they are able to do this with a 747. Russia felt like it needed something an itsy bit bigger for their shuttle.

Antonov_An-225_Manchester_Coleman.jpg

0372309.jpg

This is how they always have moved the shuttles around. Anytime a landing was made in AZ or CA, that is how they got the shuttle back to the Cape. When I was a kid I lived near an AFB in Houston (Ellington) and actually got to see this plane circle over my backyard to land an refuel. It was amazing.

Yeah, I know the US did, I'm just marveling at the fact that the Soviets (at the time) felt compelled to throw what I'm assuming is billions to design a plane specifically built to ferry their orbiter(s) when there was already a solution for that. It looks even worse when you take into account the failure of their shuttle program- one unmanned flight and it was decommissioned. Their shuttle even sucked as a museum exhibit- the building it was being stored in collapsed and destroyed it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
Can someone explain what the passport process and costs look like today? Looking to get two adults and two kids, maybe for a trip to Canada.

Current passport fees.

280 for the adults, 190 for the kids = $470. We did ours at the post office and I remember them arriving at the house within a month.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Can someone explain what the passport process and costs look like today? Looking to get two adults and two kids, maybe for a trip to Canada.

How soon do you need them? Costs are directly related to how long you can wait.

Basically, get a couple of passport photos taken at a local drug store or someplace similar, it's a normal service they'll offer for about $8 a set, then take those photos and the appropriate documents (usually compelted passport application forms, Social Security, Photo ID, and birth certificate) to an appropriate passport window (there is usually one at a post office if it's big enough, but go to the USPS's website and check for information on passports to make sure).

Then there will be a cost per passport. I believe if you have a long wait it's about $100 per passport currently, but you can expedite it to a couple weeks for a larger fee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
Current passport fees.

280 for the adults, 190 for the kids = $470. We did ours at the post office and I remember them arriving at the house within a month.

I looked that up and didn't understand it. What is the difference between the book and the card beside assloads of money?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
I looked that up and didn't understand it. What is the difference between the book and the card beside assloads of money?

Show/hide the answer What is the passport card?

The passport card is the wallet-size travel document that can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides a less expensive, smaller, and convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea.

Show/hide the answer Why can’t I use the passport card to fly to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, or Bermuda?

The passport card was designed for the specific needs of northern and southern U.S. border communities with residents that cross the border frequently by land. The passport book is the only document approved for international travel by air.

Link

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)

You don't need the card. Carry your passport. That is all you need.