Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 24, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
Wrist watches will be my ultimate downfall in life. Like women with purses, I want to buy a new watch every day.

I'm the complete opposite. I've never had much of a desire to wear a watch, either for fashion or time-keeping purposes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 25, 2012 -> 12:49 AM)
I'm the complete opposite. I've never had much of a desire to wear a watch, either for fashion or time-keeping purposes.

This. I hate watches on my wrist.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
As long as you have no problem looking like a schlub at work, then you're set!

Many high profile people dont wear watches these days.

I never wear any form of jewelry, watch, necklace, etc. I personally think that is the classiest business look, although once in a while I am tempted to get a nice watch for social functions. But that would just be for status symbol only, and I wouldnt wear it on a daily basis.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Many high profile people dont wear watches these days.

I never wear any form of jewelry, watch, necklace, etc. I personally think that is the classiest business look, although once in a while I am tempted to get a nice watch for social functions. But that would just be for status symbol only, and I wouldnt wear it on a daily basis.

I have a friend who brags about his $3-4k watch. I just laugh. Who notices watches anymore? My classy $75 Fossil looks just as good from afar.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
I have a friend who brags about his $3-4k watch. I just laugh. Who notices watches anymore? My classy $75 Fossil looks just as good from afar.

Not to rag on you personally but that's just an ignorant statement. People who give a s*** about watches will immediately realize you have a cheap Fossil watch.

Thats not what he said at all. He said from "afar", meaning that the person isnt close enough to see the brand name.

Most regular people arent professional jewelers who can recognize, silver, stainless steel or other shiny metals from 5 feet away. Hell many regular people cant tell the difference between cz and diamond up close.

Regardless who cares, if he thinks no one notices, that is all that matters.

Clothes don't make the man, it's the man that makes the clothes.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
"I don't really know crap about bicycles so just because you have a $4000 Bianchi I'm sure everyone that looks at my generic $95 Walmart bike will thinks it's just as good."

That Huffy is tight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
I was commenting more on the fact that he's projecting his complete disinterest in something onto others. No one should care about watches because he doesn't.

Yeah I stand by my statement. There's no way anyone can tell a difference unless they're right up on you. A silver watch is a silver watch from 15 feet away.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
Yeah I stand by my statement. There's no way anyone can tell a difference unless they're right up on you. A silver watch is a silver watch from 15 feet away.

I assume you also wear nothing but the cheapest clothing as well. $10 jeans, dollar store dress shirts, suits from TJ Maxx, and Payless shoes. After all, who could tell the difference unless they're right up on you?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
I assume you also wear nothing but the cheapest clothing as well. $10 jeans, dollar store dress shirts, suits from TJ Maxx, and Payless shoes. After all, who could tell the difference unless they're right up on you?

watch snob spotted ^^^^

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 25, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
watch snob spotted ^^^^

LOL

I could care less about watches to be honest. It's the "I don't give two s***s about "X" so nobody else should care about it either" attitude people have about things. If you don't like it fine. I'm sure these same people have things they're really into for no good reason whether it be expensive cars, clothing, or whatever.

EDIT: I bet there's people following this "argument" who would only purchase official Sox jerseys for $200 and would laugh at a $50 imitation.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
LOL

I could care less about watches to be honest. It's the "I don't give two s***s about "X" so nobody else should care about it either" attitude people have about things. If you don't like it fine. I'm sure these same people have things they're really into for no good reason whether it be expensive cars, clothing, or whatever.

EDIT: I bet there's people following this "argument" who would only purchase official Sox jerseys for $200 and would laugh at a $50 imitation.

Never! oh boy oh boy oh boy

Everyone has their particular toys...I don't care much for watches but I do like nice clothes...I feel like a complete schlub if I am not dressed well. Hugo Boss is the man.

I am one of those people who would rather haver fewer really nice things than many pieces of s***.

I agree with your general point...just because you don't appreciate something doesn't mean others shouldn't or make it silly that they do.