Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

I'm lookin to make a trade.

I've got a $500 silver and black Trek 4300 bike but there's something wrong with the gears, I took it to a trek shop and they told me itd cost me $150 to fix. I don't have the money to fix it soooo I was wondering if anyone here wants to trade a working bike no matter how old or crummy it is for the trek.

I wont be starting work for another few months (unless i find a summer job) and I wanna start riding again.

If anyone has a bike thats not being used anymore and wants to help a fellow soxtalker out and just give it to me that too would be greatly appreciated. I'm a fatty and need to get my cardio on lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)

Ah, climate change summarized in a 2 minute video with none of the wretched acting found in The Day After Tomorrow.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
I guess there is now 1002 uses for a dead cat........

This has so much potential. I bet it melts the heart of anyone who is opposed to the utilization of unmanned drones in the Middle East and in the not too distant future, here. How could anyone resist that? There are two possible outcomes stemming from an encounter with that: You're either going to try petting it, or if you've seen one or two lolcat pictures- piss your pants laughing. Neither of those possibilities involve running away and hiding in bunkers and caves.

Any of you Chicagoans eat at Texas de Brazil? I understand that there is one in town and one in the 'burbs. I've been hitting one up in Memphis that is hands down my favorite restaurant, but I heard one of the Chicago area locations isn't as good. What do?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
Any of you Chicagoans eat at Texas de Brazil? I understand that there is one in town and one in the 'burbs. I've been hitting one up in Memphis that is hands down my favorite restaurant, but I heard one of the Chicago area locations isn't as good. What do?

Never done there, but in the same vein have done Fogo De Cho (or however you spell it) on N LaSalle. A great hint is to hit it for a weekday lunch instead of dinner as it is about half of the normal price.

Incredible stuff.

I go to the one in woodfield mall all the time, love me some fried bananas.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
Never done there, but in the same vein have done Fogo De Cho (or however you spell it) on N LaSalle. A great hint is to hit it for a weekday lunch instead of dinner as it is about half of the normal price.

Incredible stuff.

Remembering to turn your chip "off" is impossible.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
Remembering to turn your chip "off" is impossible.

I make it a goal every time I go to keep it green the entire time. No matter how stuffed I am and no matter how annoyed I am with people asking me if I want meat every 20 seconds.

The one in Fort Worth is just sickeningly good. It is one of the originals.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)

Incredible stuff.

Seconded. I went to the Fogo in Minneapolis, it was only like ~$35 for lunch. Which, sure, seems like a lot, but not when the dinner (which is exactly the same stuff, I think) is like $60.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
I make it a goal every time I go to keep it green the entire time. No matter how stuffed I am and no matter how annoyed I am with people asking me if I want meat every 20 seconds.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
But oh, so right.

Problem is they are on you so quickly, and then you feel guilty saying no, like you are insulting them and their meat. You'll flip it because you want a certain meat that's near you, you get it, and within 8 seconds another guy is there. They are like hawks.

BTW, love the pineapple guy, always gotta be on the lookout. Sometimes he's hard to find.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Problem is they are on you so quickly, and then you feel guilty saying no, like you are insulting them and their meat. You'll flip it because you want a certain meat that's near you, you get it, and within 8 seconds another guy is there. They are like hawks.

BTW, love the pineapple guy, always gotta be on the lookout. Sometimes he's hard to find.

We just asked for the cuts we wanted. It saved a lot of that feeling guilty thing.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Interesting. I'm gonna be in Fort Worth for business a couple days a two weeks from now so I might check it out

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 10:06 AM)
It is? :lol:

Downtown Ft. Worth has changed a lot and it's a cool place to just kind of hang out. It's very laid back.

All beer snobs must go to the Flying Saucer.

Just watch out for the people who live in the MetroPlex. They are kind of dicks.

What a stupid f***ing jamoke.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/oklahoma-co...ory?id=16520756

Jesus may Save, but apparently he can't do much about job retention.

That's what 25 employees at Tate Publishing & Enterprises, a Christian book and music publisher in Mustang, Oklahoma, learned after they were unceremoniously dumped from their jobs last week.

Only God knows the real reason for the bloodbath, but according to The Journal Record, Tate Publishing president Ryan Tate fired 25 of his 200-member stable on May 31.

Listen to a tape of the publisher's tirade in a meeting with employees.

"This is all disciplinary actions – it's nothing to do with the company or outsourcing," Tate told The Journal Record. "It saddens me in this day and age, and in this economy, that anybody would have the stupidity to not understand an employee contract they've signed."

In a vitriolic rant captured by a Tate Publishing employee and given to The Journal Record, Tate sounded more like a teacher cracking students with a ruler rather than the scion of a family-owned Christian company. He threatened to sue employees and file liens against their homes and automobiles if they violated their employee contracts by talking to the media or posting neagative comments on places like Facebook. And he said he would fire 25 productions workers after no one came forward to take responsibility for the anonymous email.

"Proverbs says that the wicked will set a trap, but the righteous will prevail and the wicked will fall into their own trap," he said in the recording. "A lot of good people are going to get hurt."

"To those of you paying an unfair price, I'm really sorry," he continued, choking back tears. "I'll pray for you and pray for your families. I can't turn away on this one. Not at this time when we have so much to accomplish. I love you, I'm praying for all of you."

One former employee who quit earlier this year said Tate was often "condescending" in meetings. "It was a pretty negative working environment," she said, adding that she wished to remain anonymous for fear of company retaliation. "It was all about the bottom line."

"Ryan is calculating," said another employee who left the company last year. "He thinks he can't be touched because God is on his side, he's got a good business going and no one can really hurt him. That's why he didn't think anyone would record him."

One of the 25 employees who was fired said she was "happy to be out of there" and has already gone on job interviews. "I think a lot of us are getting bonus points in our interviewes when people say, 'You were fired by that lunatic, weren't you?"

Over Memorial Day weekend, a Tate Publishing employee circulated an anonymous email taking Ryan Tate to task for planning to lay off employees and outsource their jobs to the Philippines.

Tate did not respond to repeated interview requests from ABC News. But he did tel The Journal Record that his company is opening an office in the Philippines, along with, eventually, China and Australia. He also denied any US-based layoffs. Instead, he said, the May 31 firings took place because employees had breached confidentiality agreements by spreading rumors about the Philippines outsourcing.

Outsourcing jobs to other countries to fatten your pockets, having the nerve to point your finger at the people who lost their jobs as the reason for their plight in order to mask said outsourcing, shedding tears on their behalf and offering to pray for them on top of it- to be able to do all of this in one fell swoop has had me seeing red all morning since I read this article. I hope his business fails and his family ends up on the street.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
What a stupid f***ing jamoke.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/oklahoma-co...ory?id=16520756

Outsourcing jobs to other countries to fatten your pockets, having the nerve to point your finger at the people who lost their jobs as the reason for their plight in order to mask said outsourcing, shedding tears on their behalf and offering to pray for them on top of it- to be able to do all of this in one fell swoop has had me seeing red all morning since I read this article. I hope his business fails and his family ends up on the street.

I will +1 this.

That sucks for everyone involved. I'm sure ratings just dropped 200% as did potential bets placed.

Someone at WGN-A get an ad together quick: "No point in watching the Belmont Stakes anymore, catch the Sox on WGN-A at 3pm!"

I'm a very messy person when it comes to my personal spaces. A game I play is that when I get home I empty my pocket of change right onto my bedroom floor and have a nice surprise when I clean. Today's haul? $17.89