Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
It was just a reply to a post that decided to ridicule veganism for no real reason. More power to anyone who wants to eat whatever, but I think male vegans still have penises.

Yea, they're just shriveled up more. No meat.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
You are in Wichita, and Fort Worth... what industry are you in? I have a guess... but then I might be wrong. :)

When are you coming to Fort Worth again?

Next week.

Aerospace connectors - military and commercial air

Auditing a distributor in Ft Worth and a commercial air distributor in Wichita

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Why can't you drive? The seizures? Any improvement in that?

Yes and yes.

Though apparently the medication I started on can cause seizures when started and with increased dosages, which is when I had my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seizures. Also causes weight change (lost 15 pounds doing nothing), drowsiness, dizziness, lack of focus, and severe depression. And since all the neurology places I've seen are so readily available and want to help figure out the cause I'm honestly beginning to think it was the medication that triggered all the seizures aside from the first one, because there was nothing similar about any of them (no trigger that I can discern). So now I'm on a new one that instead of it's main possible side effect being depression, it's a rash that could become fatal (though hasn't happened yet) and headaches. But I have to ween off the old one, which will take 2 months, so joy.

The epilepsy/seizures has really f***ed my life up the past few months.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Yes and yes.

Though apparently the medication I started on can cause seizures when started and with increased dosages, which is when I had my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seizures. Also causes weight change (lost 15 pounds doing nothing), drowsiness, dizziness, lack of focus, and severe depression. And since all the neurology places I've seen are so readily available and want to help figure out the cause I'm honestly beginning to think it was the medication that triggered all the seizures aside from the first one, because there was nothing similar about any of them (no trigger that I can discern). So now I'm on a new one that instead of it's main possible side effect being depression, it's a rash that could become fatal (though hasn't happened yet) and headaches. But I have to ween off the old one, which will take 2 months, so joy.

Ugh, get better soon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 07:28 AM)
Next week.

Aerospace connectors - military and commercial air

Auditing a distributor in Ft Worth and a commercial air distributor in Wichita

I thought so. That would be the only reason in the world to go to both Fort Worth and Wichita is that you're in aerospace. Big places in North America for aerospace is Fort Worth, Queretaro, Mexico, Wichita, and Montreal. Yea, there's other places too, but these are big in those industries.

I'm in that industry as well. We should chat. :lol:

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
Yes and yes.

Interesting you bring that up because we have a family friend who suffered with this for years, and it was medication she took for the same thing, yet, it caused her to have a lot of side issues.

And after years of battling it, they figured out the episodes was from the medication from the original issue. I'm glad you're on the path of figuring that out now and not having to deal with it so long.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
Interesting you bring that up because we have a family friend who suffered with this for years, and it was medication she took for the same thing, yet, it caused her to have a lot of side issues.

And after years of battling it, they figured out the episodes was from the medication from the original issue. I'm glad you're on the path of figuring that out now and not having to deal with it so long.

Problem is I do, because I can't see a neurologist to run a test until September. So at this point, it's only my guess based on research done on epilepsy related websites.

Speaking of the seizures, has anyone ever used mederma to remove a scar? One of the seizures happened when I was in a parking lot and my face decided to fight the ground (hint: I lost), so I have a nasty scar on my chin and would like it gone.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Problem is I do, because I can't see a neurologist to run a test until September. So at this point, it's only my guess based on research done on epilepsy related websites.

You can't see a neurologist until September? F*ck this country.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 05:27 AM)
Speaking of the seizures, has anyone ever used mederma to remove a scar? One of the seizures happened when I was in a parking lot and my face decided to fight the ground (hint: I lost), so I have a nasty scar on my chin and would like it gone.

Banging your chin to the ground is the worst. f***ing painful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
You can't see a neurologist until September? F*ck this country.

No, I saw one two weeks ago and will see one at Northwestern on July 26 (earliest opening). They just can't run tests until Sept. 16. Because they only do the 24-hour EEG on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
Banging your chin to the ground is the worst. f***ing painful.

All I know is I woke up in the ER with my face/hands/arms/shirt covered in blood, in a neck brace, with my contacts out. I hit the ground real hard. My friend that found me said it looked like I was shot, since I was in a pool of my own blood.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
I thought so. That would be the only reason in the world to go to both Fort Worth and Wichita is that you're in aerospace. Big places in North America for aerospace is Fort Worth, Queretaro, Mexico, Wichita, and Montreal. Yea, there's other places too, but these are big in those industries.

You can also come out to the West coast. Boeing, Northrop, and a lot of DOD work.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
You can also come out to the West coast. Boeing, Northrop, and a lot of DOD work.

Yea, they do have a lot on one area too. I always forget about that. St. Louis has a lot of that too.

There's honestly nothing in Wichita besides that, though.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

What do you do exactly?

And it's weird, Wichita has so many aerospace companies - Cessna, Hawker, Boeing, Spirit, Wesco, ACE, i think Lear Jet is our there too

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)

Southern California for sure. San Diego, El Segundo, Irvine re huge. Raytheon General Atomics are big out there as well.

And surprisingly also big in the aerospace world is Salt Lake City with L-3, Northrop, Moog