2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)
Avengers > MIBIII

Actually, all three Men in Black films, even the first.

If anyone gets really bored and wants some gratuitious T&A fun, check out Hassel the Hoff and David (Anchorman) Koechner in Piranha 3DD. I want to say it was so bad it was funny, but it was just bad bad bad. Well, at least it was free to watch online. Still wondering why they made the last Piranha movie, let alone this one. With the proliferation of XXX movies on the internet, there's just no way to "shock" or interest teenagers anymore, like when I was growing up in the 80's, movies like Flashdance, The Blue Lagoon or Tarzan with Bo Derek were titillating entertainment. The Girls Gone Wild generation.

Speaking of vicious fish, just watched JAWS II on HBO last night and that movie really doesn't stand the test of time at all.

Give me a movie like DUEL or HIGH NOON any day of the week over most of those late 70's/early 80's flicks (not counting Star Wars, until you get to ET, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and the Raiders of the Lost Ark movies).

I don't know why you are trying to understand the Piranha movies. Just like the original, it is cheesy B movie comedy/horror/nudity fun. It isn't meant to shock, it is just fun to watch.

Do we have any Wes Anderson fans in here? I'm an absolute nerd about his films; love every one of them. I've been so excited for Moonrise Kingdom to come out but I still haven't gotten out to see it. Fun cast, as always (and Edward Norton? One of my top 5).

I know it's in limited release (only two theaters in the greater Boston area so far) but I was wondering if anyone has gotten out to see it yet?

The trailer had me smiling the whole time, seems like classic Wes. I plan to be getting out to see it this Sunday and will check back with my thoughts (though I can already say that, judging by the trailer, I'm going to love it).

Watched the Django Unchained trailer. I really hope Jamie Fox doesn't ruin this movie. I'm not a fan of him at all but if anyone can make him do it right, QT should be able to.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Watched the Django Unchained trailer. I really hope Jamie Fox doesn't ruin this movie. I'm not a fan of him at all but if anyone can make him do it right, QT should be able to.

Looks incredible. I can't wait. But I do agree, there's a number of guys I'd rather have than Jamie Foxx.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Looks incredible. I can't wait. But I do agree, there's a number of guys I'd rather have than Jamie Foxx.

I know Will Smith was originally attached but after watching the trailer, Djimon HOunsou would of been sweet but people may have seen him and thought Amistad.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
Took the wife to see Snow White. It was her b'day. Didn't suck. The cinematographer managed to make Kristen Stewart look appealing a few times.

She did look more attractive, somehow....not beautiful, but interesting, compared to the Twilight movies.

Not sure how to differentiate her "interesting" from Emma Stone's "cute," though.

Maybe that Kristen Stewart seems boring, whereas Emma Stone would be the the kind of girl to hang out with and drink a beer or go to Applebee's or Olive Garden with and she could actually make it seem fun.

Prometheus very good, but far from great. Rapace, Theron and Michael Fassbender were all excellent in their respective roles, but it still felt a little derivative of every sci fi movie that's ever been made. Hard to compete with movies like Blade Runner or the original Aliens. I would describe it more like a summer popcorn movie with its traditional plot points than a movie which will take your breath away or make you want to watch it again anytime in the next decade. 3D not really a great enhancement or add-on IMO.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
I can split a Prometheus thread if you'd like but some of us who won't see this film for a while do appreciate the spoiler tags anyway.

Eh, leave it in here then. We'll just rock the tags.

Go see movie now.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Just Go With It

Bucky Larson

Jack and Jill

That's My Boy

That's about as bad a 2 year stretch as anyone has ever had. Jesus.

I think these three all got 0 stars

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 11:14 AM)
Just Go With It

Bucky Larson

Jack and Jill

That's My Boy

That's about as bad a 2 year stretch as anyone has ever had. Jesus.

I though That's My Boy actually looked better than those previous Sandler movies, but I guess not.