2012 Films Thread

knightni

Okay, this may be old news, but it's the first I've seen of it. Tom Cruise has been cast as Lee Child's Jack Reacher? If you've read any of the books you can clearly see that Reacher is 6'5" and over 250 lbs. Tom Cruise is nowhere near that. I read an article about the writer saying casting a guy close to Reacher's size would be difficult, and while that may be true, Tom Cruise is pretty much the last guy I picture when I read about Reacher.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Okay, this may be old news, but it's the first I've seen of it. Tom Cruise has been cast as Lee Child's Jack Reacher? If you've read any of the books you can clearly see that Reacher is 6'5" and over 250 lbs. Tom Cruise is nowhere near that. I read an article about the writer saying casting a guy close to Reacher's size would be difficult, and while that may be true, Tom Cruise is pretty much the last guy I picture when I read about Reacher.

Maybe Joe Mangianello, but we both know they are going for the starpower with Cruise

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
That's another thing...they make Dunst a redhead and then get Emma Stone for a movie and make her a blonde! WTF

Different characters.

Dunst was Mary Jane Watson, Stone is Gwen Stacy.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
Different characters.

Dunst was Mary Jane Watson, Stone is Gwen Stacy.

That is kind of the funny point though. They got a natural blonde (Dunst) to play a redhead, and they got a natural redhead(Stone) to play a blonde. Different times and movies, i know, but it is kind of goofy

Sitting in AMC about to see Spiderman, pretty excited.

AMC is selling tickets where you can see the Batman (nolan) trilogy for 25 bucks, 40 bucks for IMAX. That is pretty badass.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Sitting in AMC about to see Spiderman, pretty excited.

AMC is selling tickets where you can see the Batman (nolan) trilogy for 25 bucks, 40 bucks for IMAX. That is pretty badass.

So more than $8 a movie? Yeah.....no thanks, that doesn't sound like a great deal at all.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
So more than $8 a movie? Yeah.....no thanks, that doesn't sound like a great deal at all.

imax is 15 a pop, so its normal

In fact, an adult ticket there is 10.50 for a normal showing.

Sorry 25 dollars is too rich for your blood.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
imax is 15 a pop, so its normal

In fact, an adult ticket there is 10.50 for a normal showing.

Sorry 25 dollars is too rich for your blood.

Yea, but you aren't seeing 3 new movies. You are rewatching 2 movies that you can BUY for cheaper, and then seeing a new one.

And going to the theaters is a complete rip-off anyway, so I guess if you are used to blowing money at the theater, then I guess you wouldn't really care anyway.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Yea, but you aren't seeing 3 new movies. You are rewatching 2 movies that you can BUY for cheaper, and then seeing a new one.

And going to the theaters is a complete rip-off anyway, so I guess if you are used to blowing money at the theater, then I guess you wouldn't really care anyway.

I'd rather see a movie on a big screen anyday.

Yes, theatres are expensive. Hence why I go get my peanut MnMs at Walgreens for $2 instead of paying $5 plus more for a drink. And I get movie passes from work. Ha

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)

Really? Those other movies aren't new???? No way!!!!

Ok, I guess you don't see the point of a movie fest. That's fine.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
Really? Those other movies aren't new???? No way!!!!

Ok, I guess you don't see the point of a movie fest. That's fine.

My point was that when you are paying $10 for a movie, you are seeing a brand new one, not one that is many years old. So yeah, they are $2 cheaper, but they are also movies you can purchase for $5, or easily find online for free.

I'm just not a movie go-er. I can't think of the last movie I have ever seen that wasn't on the $5 club. Now the Drive-In, that's that s*** I do like.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
My point was that when you are paying $10 for a movie, you are seeing a brand new one, not one that is many years old. So yeah, they are $2 cheaper, but they are also movies you can purchase for $5, or easily find online for free.

I'm just not a movie go-er. I can't think of the last movie I have ever seen that wasn't on the $5 club. Now the Drive-In, that's that s*** I do like.

Just leave it at you aren't a movie-goer. Many people enjoy seeing movies again in the theater that are oh so purchasable. It is about the experience, not whether it is something you can stay at home and see.

Clearly you're in the right thread.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 12:05 AM)
Clearly you're in the right thread.

In all fairness, it's "films thread."

Not defined as going to the theatre, IMAX, internet, cable, free/network tv.

Otherwise, we'd have a specific thread for "theatre movie experiences," wouldn't we?

And I do think most of us are pretty good about mentioning whether a 3D movie is worth the upcharge, vs. 2-D.

Joe didn't tell anyone to go to the Dollar Cinemas, or I guess they're $2-3 or "super savers" now.

Sometimes in China, in Shanghai, you can pay $15-20 for a non 3D movie, and nobody bats an eye. It's all based on how important you view going to a movie versus the convenience of downloading and watching on the internet with a smaller screen and diminished audio effects.

I plan on having an at-home viewing of BB and TDK on bluray prior to seeing TDKR, but I won't pay good money to sit on my ass for 9 consecutive hours, the first 6 being movies I have the ability to watch at home on separate dates and that I've already seen twice in the theaters each.

Also, The Prestige was on last night, and I hadn't seen that since the theaters. That's such a great movie and I love Christopher Nolan.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
Also, The Prestige was on last night, and I hadn't seen that since the theaters. That's such a great movie and I love Christopher Nolan.

Yea ended up watching it last night for the first time as well, I thought it was really well done.

Eh, some people like it better that way. Some people are content watching baseball on TV, and others want the full sensory experience of being there, even if it costs more.